FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   Haze reappears after fining (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/421025-haze-reappears-after-fining.html)

[email protected] 11-11-2012 07:44 PM

Haze reappears after fining

I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?

CrazyMadVintor 30-01-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 1785121)
I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?

Have you cold stabalized it yet?

I would add no more than a teaspoon of Cream of Tartar per gallon, and then set it in a refrigerator with the temperature between 34 and 38 degrees (f).

Leave it in there for a month and it should clear just fine.

That is what I do and I've so far never had to use any chemicals. Quite frankly I've never had to use the cream of tartar either...but I know that it would help for a subborn haze that keeps comming back.

If you can try to bulk stabalize it by puting it in 1 gallon glass jugs first. Then you can go straight to bottling afterwards.

[email protected] 30-05-2013 06:45 AM

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:44:33 AM UTC-9, wrote:
> I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?

Try Hot Sparkaloid

dncswclds 06-12-2013 06:28 AM

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:44:33 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?

How much Pectic Enzyme did you use ?. Other than that leave it settle and rerack it a few times