Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Who on this site is responsible for weeding out spam?

No one apparently. Why do you think people are going to be attracted
to your group if you don't make an effort to block out spam or
deleting spam posts. Of the most recent posts, I counted at least 60
spam on the first 8 or 9 pages alone.

This group is kinda like the ugliest house on the block, the one with
the lawn never mowed, and covered up with weeds 6 feet tall. What
makes you think that people are going to want to visit?

Signed,

Another disappointed wine maker
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Back in the day, this was a wonderful site. Now everyone uses:

http://www.winepress.us/

"Joel" > wrote in message
> No one apparently. Why do you think people are going to be attracted
> to your group if you don't make an effort to block out spam or
> deleting spam posts. Of the most recent posts, I counted at least 60
> spam on the first 8 or 9 pages alone.
>
> This group is kinda like the ugliest house on the block, the one with
> the lawn never mowed, and covered up with weeds 6 feet tall. What
> makes you think that people are going to want to visit?
>
> Signed,
>
> Another disappointed wine maker

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Joel > writes:

> No one apparently. Why do you think people are going to be attracted
> to your group if you don't make an effort to block out spam or
> deleting spam posts. Of the most recent posts, I counted at least 60
> spam on the first 8 or 9 pages alone.
>
> This group is kinda like the ugliest house on the block, the one with
> the lawn never mowed, and covered up with weeds 6 feet tall. What
> makes you think that people are going to want to visit?

Do you not understand the concept of unmoderated newsgroups? I read it
through eternal-september.org; the volume is low, but I don't think I've
encountered any spam.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Sep 6, 9:18*am, "frederick ploegman" > wrote:
> Back in the day, this was a wonderful site. *Now everyone uses:
>
> http://www.winepress.us/
>
> "Joel" > wrote in message

> > No one apparently. *Why do you think people are going to be attracted
> > to your group if you don't make an effort to block out spam or
> > deleting spam posts. *Of the most recent posts, I counted at least 60
> > spam on the first 8 or 9 pages alone.

> > This group is kinda like the ugliest house on the block, the one with
> > the lawn never mowed, and covered up with weeds 6 feet tall. *What
> > makes you think that people are going to want to visit?

> > Signed,

> > * *Another disappointed wine maker- Hide quoted text -

And I just tried to go to this address & nothing showed...
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

It's down right now. Try again in three or four hours...

"Ann Bartholomew" > wrote in message
On Sep 6, 9:18 am, "frederick ploegman" > wrote:
> Back in the day, this was a wonderful site. Now everyone uses:
>
> http://www.winepress.us/
>
> "Joel" > wrote in message

> > No one apparently. Why do you think people are going to be attracted
> > to your group if you don't make an effort to block out spam or
> > deleting spam posts. Of the most recent posts, I counted at least 60
> > spam on the first 8 or 9 pages alone.

> > This group is kinda like the ugliest house on the block, the one with
> > the lawn never mowed, and covered up with weeds 6 feet tall. What
> > makes you think that people are going to want to visit?

> > Signed,

> > Another disappointed wine maker- Hide quoted text -

And I just tried to go to this address & nothing showed...

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 9/6/2010 8:18 AM, frederick ploegman wrote:
> Back in the day, this was a wonderful site. Now everyone uses:
>
> http://www.winepress.us/

Not *everyone* ... there is also

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/index.php
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"BobF" > wrote in message
> On 9/6/2010 8:18 AM, frederick ploegman wrote:
>> Back in the day, this was a wonderful site. Now everyone uses:
>>
>> http://www.winepress.us/
>>

> Not *everyone* ... there is also
>
> http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/index.php

Some of the same people posting. But I like the map !!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"frederick ploegman" > wrote in message
> It's down right now. Try again in three or four hours...
>

> "Ann Bartholomew" > wrote in message
> On Sep 6, 9:18 am, "frederick ploegman" > wrote:
>> Back in the day, this was a wonderful site. Now everyone uses:
>>
>> http://www.winepress.us/
>>
>> "Joel" > wrote in message

>> > No one apparently. Why do you think people are going to be attracted
>> > to your group if you don't make an effort to block out spam or
>> > deleting spam posts. Of the most recent posts, I counted at least 60
>> > spam on the first 8 or 9 pages alone.

>> > This group is kinda like the ugliest house on the block, the one with
>> > the lawn never mowed, and covered up with weeds 6 feet tall. What
>> > makes you think that people are going to want to visit?

>> > Signed,

>> > Another disappointed wine maker- Hide quoted text -

> And I just tried to go to this address & nothing showed...

Ann and frederick - the site works OK for me, today anyway. Maybe it was
down at the time you looked.

someone