Dwayne

Default Cherry wine

Hi. In June I put a gallon of strained cherry juice that I made by cooking
some pie cherries, into a gallon jug with 2 1/2 cups of sugar, yeast, and
capped it with an airlock.

It foamed over for a couple of weeks and then quit bubbling sometime in
July, but I haven't uncapped it. I plan to leave it for another few months
and then open it and see how it taste. Now I have some questions.

1. If it made but isn't sweet enough, can I just add sugar, or will that
start the fermentation all over again?

2. If it isn't sweet enough, can I add Splenda rather than sugar?

3. If I bottle it, air will get into the bottle. How do I keep it from
turning into a vinegar wine?

4, Since I started it from cherry juice rather than putting the cherries
into a primary first, am I going to have other problems?

Please don't refer me to a web site, because I don't understand most of the
terms they use anyway.

Thanks.

Dwayne

Cherry Wine [email protected] Winemaking 0 02-10-2009 09:48 PM
What goes with cherry wine? [email protected] General Cooking 9 10-12-2007 05:58 PM
Cherry Wine Thomas T. Veldhouse Winemaking 2 30-03-2006 09:49 PM
Cherry wine Dwayne Winemaking 9 26-07-2004 04:14 AM
Is sour cherry wine better than sweet cherry wine? Ray Winemaking 13 13-07-2004 08:08 PM