Mark - N1MT

Default Peach Wine from Canned Peaches

A friend who works at a warehouse of a large supermarket chain,
stopped bye last night and dropped off numerous cans of peaches. Guess
they were damaged either in the warehouse or in shipping (and the
price was right, FREE). Anybody ever done peach wine using canned
peaches ? Recipes ?

Thanks, Mark
Robert Perkins

If it's not too late, I suggest draining and freezing the peaches to help
breakdown the cell structure. Also you need to add pectic enzyme to break
down the pectin. If you don't your wine will never clear. You will also need
to add some acid blend. Search for recipes with these ingredients.

Good Luck,
Robert

"Mark - N1MT" > wrote in message
om...
>A friend who works at a warehouse of a large supermarket chain,
> stopped bye last night and dropped off numerous cans of peaches. Guess
> they were damaged either in the warehouse or in shipping (and the
> price was right, FREE). Anybody ever done peach wine using canned
> peaches ? Recipes ?
>
> Thanks, Mark

---

Robert Perkins

If it's not too late, I suggest draining and freezing the peaches to help
breakdown the cell structure. Also you need to add pectic enzyme to break
down the pectin. If you don't your wine will never clear. You will also need
to add some acid blend. Search for recipes with these ingredients.

Good Luck,
Robert

"Mark - N1MT" > wrote in message
om...
>A friend who works at a warehouse of a large supermarket chain,
> stopped bye last night and dropped off numerous cans of peaches. Guess
> they were damaged either in the warehouse or in shipping (and the
> price was right, FREE). Anybody ever done peach wine using canned
> peaches ? Recipes ?
>
> Thanks, Mark

---

Jack Keller

Mark, go to http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques21.asp for a recipe.

It can be very good or just so-so. Fruit quality is the determinate.

Jack Keller, The Winemaking Home Page
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/