Reticulum

Default There was a young vintner named Moe,...

There was a young vintner named Moe,
Who took his best bottle to Show,
It was red like a claret,
But smelt like a parrot,
And tasted like ****-yellow snow.
Rick Vanderwal

how about this....a little more positive :-)

There once was a group that made wine,
But theirs always tasted better than mine.
So I just asked a feller,
whose name was Jack Keller
and now it's turning out "oh so fine"...

Thanks to the group for their continuing dedication to winemaking!
appreciate it all!

Rick

Hoss

OK, here goes for the groaners.

My dear lady tends to be the poet, so I told here about the limerick
here. When I do something, it is all out. Some call me possessed, I
say "focused". Nonetheless, I have taken winemaking as a new hobby, I
love this forum, Jack's website, and I am reading Lum's book too.
This being said, winemaking, fruit harvesting, equipment, etc. tend to
be overtaking my house and time.

Here come some limericks from the better half. (feel the chagrin!)
Her name is Debbie if someone wants a shot....

Grape season is upon us
Fermentation is a MUST
Oh god what a smell
I'm living in yeast hell
But soon I'll drink till I Bust!

Once again its that time of year
Fruit trees are bearing far and near
Buckets of melon and more
Scattered all over the floor
And I'm wishing that winter were here

There once was a man named Chuck
Who was tired of drinking Cold Duck
So to make he did try
Some red, blush, and dry
In case he was down on his luck!
(my brother and I call each other Chuck, long story don't ask)

He wanted to try something new
To make his own brand of Brew
The nature of the beast
Fermenting on yeast
And Patience known only to Few!

There once was a man named Greg
Who wanted his wine by the Keg
Now at home he does cry
For all the things he did buy
That cost him an arm and a leg!

Greg,
Erie, PA

On 27 Aug 2004 15:00:20 -0700, (Reticulum)
wrote:

>There was a young vintner named Moe,
> Who took his best bottle to Show,
> It was red like a claret,
> But smelt like a parrot,
> And tasted like ****-yellow snow.

reply@grouponly

A man with eyes most blurred,
Was asked to recite - The Word,
He arose up from the gutter,
Then puked and did sputter,
"It can only be - Thunderbird ! "

Hoss

wrote:

>There was a young vintner named Moe,
> Who took his best bottle to Show,
> It was red like a claret,
> But smelt like a parrot,
> And tasted like ****-yellow snow.

Hoss

wrote:

>There was a young vintner named Moe,
> Who took his best bottle to Show,
> It was red like a claret,
> But smelt like a parrot,
> And tasted like ****-yellow snow.

reply@grouponly

This is a re-post.
New ones please.
Murray Clark

Hoss wrote:

> OK, here goes for the groaners.
>
> My dear lady tends to be the poet, so I told here about the limerick
> here. When I do something, it is all out. Some call me possessed, I
> say "focused". Nonetheless, I have taken winemaking as a new hobby, I
> love this forum, Jack's website, and I am reading Lum's book too.
> This being said, winemaking, fruit harvesting, equipment, etc. tend to
> be overtaking my house and time.
>
> Here come some limericks from the better half. (feel the chagrin!)
> Her name is Debbie if someone wants a shot....
>
> Grape season is upon us
> Fermentation is a MUST
> Oh god what a smell
> I'm living in yeast hell
> But soon I'll drink till I Bust!
>
> Once again its that time of year
> Fruit trees are bearing far and near
> Buckets of melon and more
> Scattered all over the floor
> And I'm wishing that winter were here
>
> There once was a man named Chuck
> Who was tired of drinking Cold Duck
> So to make he did try
> Some red, blush, and dry
> In case he was down on his luck!
> (my brother and I call each other Chuck, long story don't ask)
>
> He wanted to try something new
> To make his own brand of Brew
> The nature of the beast
> Fermenting on yeast
> And Patience known only to Few!
>
> There once was a man named Greg
> Who wanted his wine by the Keg
> Now at home he does cry
> For all the things he did buy
> That cost him an arm and a leg!
>
> Greg,
> Erie, PA
>
> On 27 Aug 2004 15:00:20 -0700, (Reticulum)
> wrote:
>
> >There was a young vintner named Moe,
> > Who took his best bottle to Show,
> > It was red like a claret,
> > But smelt like a parrot,
> > And tasted like ****-yellow snow.

There once was a guy named Murray
who found out in quite a short hurry
that his limericks really suck especially at the end.

Murray Clark

Hoss wrote:

> OK, here goes for the groaners.
>
> My dear lady tends to be the poet, so I told here about the limerick
> here. When I do something, it is all out. Some call me possessed, I
> say "focused". Nonetheless, I have taken winemaking as a new hobby, I
> love this forum, Jack's website, and I am reading Lum's book too.
> This being said, winemaking, fruit harvesting, equipment, etc. tend to
> be overtaking my house and time.
>
> Here come some limericks from the better half. (feel the chagrin!)
> Her name is Debbie if someone wants a shot....
>
> Grape season is upon us
> Fermentation is a MUST
> Oh god what a smell
> I'm living in yeast hell
> But soon I'll drink till I Bust!
>
> Once again its that time of year
> Fruit trees are bearing far and near
> Buckets of melon and more
> Scattered all over the floor
> And I'm wishing that winter were here
>
> There once was a man named Chuck
> Who was tired of drinking Cold Duck
> So to make he did try
> Some red, blush, and dry
> In case he was down on his luck!
> (my brother and I call each other Chuck, long story don't ask)
>
> He wanted to try something new
> To make his own brand of Brew
> The nature of the beast
> Fermenting on yeast
> And Patience known only to Few!
>
> There once was a man named Greg
> Who wanted his wine by the Keg
> Now at home he does cry
> For all the things he did buy
> That cost him an arm and a leg!
>
> Greg,
> Erie, PA
>
> On 27 Aug 2004 15:00:20 -0700, (Reticulum)
> wrote:
>
> >There was a young vintner named Moe,
> > Who took his best bottle to Show,
> > It was red like a claret,
> > But smelt like a parrot,
> > And tasted like ****-yellow snow.

There once was a guy named Murray
who found out in quite a short hurry
that his limericks really suck especially at the end.

Murray Clark

Hoss wrote:

> OK, here goes for the groaners.
>
> My dear lady tends to be the poet, so I told here about the limerick
> here. When I do something, it is all out. Some call me possessed, I
> say "focused". Nonetheless, I have taken winemaking as a new hobby, I
> love this forum, Jack's website, and I am reading Lum's book too.
> This being said, winemaking, fruit harvesting, equipment, etc. tend to
> be overtaking my house and time.
>
> Here come some limericks from the better half. (feel the chagrin!)
> Her name is Debbie if someone wants a shot....
>
> Grape season is upon us
> Fermentation is a MUST
> Oh god what a smell
> I'm living in yeast hell
> But soon I'll drink till I Bust!
>
> Once again its that time of year
> Fruit trees are bearing far and near
> Buckets of melon and more
> Scattered all over the floor
> And I'm wishing that winter were here
>
> There once was a man named Chuck
> Who was tired of drinking Cold Duck
> So to make he did try
> Some red, blush, and dry
> In case he was down on his luck!
> (my brother and I call each other Chuck, long story don't ask)
>
> He wanted to try something new
> To make his own brand of Brew
> The nature of the beast
> Fermenting on yeast
> And Patience known only to Few!
>
> There once was a man named Greg
> Who wanted his wine by the Keg
> Now at home he does cry
> For all the things he did buy
> That cost him an arm and a leg!
>
> Greg,
> Erie, PA
>
> On 27 Aug 2004 15:00:20 -0700, (Reticulum)
> wrote:
>
> >There was a young vintner named Moe,
> > Who took his best bottle to Show,
> > It was red like a claret,
> > But smelt like a parrot,
> > And tasted like ****-yellow snow.

There once was a guy named Murray
who found out in quite a short hurry
that his limericks really suck especially at the end.

Hoss

>There once was a guy named Murray
>who found out in quite a short hurry
>that his limericks really suck especially at the end.

Nice one murray. I know this wasn't really the place for them, but my
girl loves to write and loves a laugh.

Soon with the help of all of the regulars, I'll be moving onto lots
more racking and bottling this winter!

Greg, Erie PA

Hoss

>There once was a guy named Murray
>who found out in quite a short hurry
>that his limericks really suck especially at the end.

Nice one murray. I know this wasn't really the place for them, but my
girl loves to write and loves a laugh.

Soon with the help of all of the regulars, I'll be moving onto lots
more racking and bottling this winter!

Greg, Erie PA

Jack Keller

They aren't limericks, but they are poems. Since they were posted
once, I won't post them again. Instead, six short poems about wine by
yours truly, at http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/short.asp

Jack Keller, The Winemaking Home Page
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/