LG1111

Default making chateauneuf du pape

Each year I try various combinations of grapes in an attempt to make a good
chateauneuf du pape. While the reds that I can get my hands on are good
(usually syrah, grenache, and if I'm lucky, mourvedre, I've never been able to
get any of the authentic white grapes to blend in (Rousanne, Grenache Blanc,
Clairette, Bourboulenc and Picardin ).

Anybody have any ideas about which white grapes might be a good complement to
my 3 red grapes? I want to produce something that's not as heavy as a pure red
blend, and something that might be drinkable a bit quicker.

Thanks,

Lee
Lum

"LG1111" > wrote in message
> Each year I try various combinations of grapes in an attempt to make a

good
> chateauneuf du pape. While the reds that I can get my hands on are good
> (usually syrah, grenache, and if I'm lucky, mourvedre, I've never been

able to
> get any of the authentic white grapes to blend in (Rousanne, Grenache

Blanc,
> Clairette, Bourboulenc and Picardin ).
>
> Anybody have any ideas about which white grapes might be a good complement

> my 3 red grapes? I want to produce something that's not as heavy as a

pure red
> blend, and something that might be drinkable a bit quicker.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee

I often use a little Viognier Lee.
Lum
Del Mar, California, USA

Ray

If you have some white wine you have made from various grapes (I generally
have 4 or 5) you might try blending a bit with your previous attempts. It
might give you some direction.

Ray

"LG1111" > wrote in message
> Each year I try various combinations of grapes in an attempt to make a

good
> chateauneuf du pape. While the reds that I can get my hands on are good
> (usually syrah, grenache, and if I'm lucky, mourvedre, I've never been

able to
> get any of the authentic white grapes to blend in (Rousanne, Grenache

Blanc,
> Clairette, Bourboulenc and Picardin ).
>
> Anybody have any ideas about which white grapes might be a good complement

> my 3 red grapes? I want to produce something that's not as heavy as a

pure red
> blend, and something that might be drinkable a bit quicker.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee

Ray

"LG1111" > wrote in message
> Each year I try various combinations of grapes in an attempt to make a

good
> chateauneuf du pape. While the reds that I can get my hands on are good
> (usually syrah, grenache, and if I'm lucky, mourvedre, I've never been

able to
> get any of the authentic white grapes to blend in (Rousanne, Grenache

Blanc,
> Clairette, Bourboulenc and Picardin ).
>
> Anybody have any ideas about which white grapes might be a good complement

> my 3 red grapes? I want to produce something that's not as heavy as a

pure red
> blend, and something that might be drinkable a bit quicker.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee

04 Grand Tinel Chateauneuf du Pape Emery Davis Wine 0 29-10-2007 12:10 PM
Chateauneuf-du-Pape at Costco Dee Dee Wine 2 25-06-2007 01:19 PM
2004 Chateauneuf du Pape Bill S. Wine 4 09-04-2007 02:25 PM
E. Guigal Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2001 Ben Snyder Wine 4 25-08-2006 01:54 PM
Chateauneuf du Pape 1998 MaxMustermann Wine 14 11-01-2006 06:07 PM