Brian

Default Sake?

Has anybody here made sake from actual polished sake rice and Koji? I am
interested in giving it a shot, but am having trouble finding suppliers of
high quality sake rice and koji. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brian

Pleasantly Surprized

I just finished my first batch. It tastes like the sake I have had in
Japanese restaurants which might not be a good gauge. Clearing the sake was
not to my satisfaction. I followed the directions that came with my koji
and used a rice from an oriental store in a large city close to where I
live, but did not specifically use a sake rice, although it was a polished
rice from Japan.
Timing seems to be the critical thing for each step.

"Brian" > wrote in message
> Has anybody here made sake from actual polished sake rice and Koji? I am
> interested in giving it a shot, but am having trouble finding suppliers of
> high quality sake rice and koji. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Brian

Brian

Which clearing method did you use?

I hear that clearing via fining can be problematic, so sterile filtration is
used.

Brian

"Pleasantly Surprized" > wrote in message
> I just finished my first batch. It tastes like the sake I have had in
> Japanese restaurants which might not be a good gauge. Clearing the sake

was
> not to my satisfaction. I followed the directions that came with my koji
> and used a rice from an oriental store in a large city close to where I
> live, but did not specifically use a sake rice, although it was a polished
> rice from Japan.
> Timing seems to be the critical thing for each step.
>
> "Brian" > wrote in message
> > Has anybody here made sake from actual polished sake rice and Koji? I

am
> > interested in giving it a shot, but am having trouble finding suppliers

of
> > high quality sake rice and koji. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Brian

Sake World Sake Newsletter, December, 2006 Gerry Sushi 0 06-12-2006 12:27 AM
Sake Roy Boy Winemaking 13 04-11-2005 05:41 PM
Sake again Pat Kennedy Winemaking 3 23-09-2005 01:30 AM
Sake? Desertphile, American Patriot Winemaking 8 02-03-2005 09:46 PM