billb

Default "food grade" tubing

is clear vinyl tubing (like the stuff sold at Home Depot) ok to use
for carrying fermented sugar water?

--
billb
Someplace between apathy and anarchy is the stance of the thinking

Rob A

the tubing I buy from Home Depot, the clear vinyl stuff, says that it is
food grade, though I can't remember if it was on the tube or the label. I
also live in Canada so that may make a difference.

Rob

Doug Miller wrote:

> In article <kZuxc.6458$fZ1.4673@fed1read03>, "billb"
> > wrote:
>>is clear vinyl tubing (like the stuff sold at Home Depot) ok to use
>>for carrying fermented sugar water?
>>

> I haven't had any problems. The wine or must isn't in contact with the
> tubing long enough to cause any trouble IMO.

pet food grade hemp seed ? brugnospamsia Vegetarian cooking 1 04-10-2011 01:35 PM
Possibly OT ISO Food Grade Chemicals John LaBella Preserving 4 16-06-2008 08:41 PM
Food Grade Barrels DH Winemaking 2 20-09-2006 06:52 PM
pet food grade hemp seed ? brugnospamsia Vegetarian cooking 0 24-03-2005 09:03 AM
What is Commerical Grade about the Commercial Grade line from CharBroil? Joshua Barbecue 5 20-04-2004 12:27 PM