DJ

Default Blueberry Wine Recipe from Wine Maker Magazine

Has anyone attempted the Summertime Blueberry Wine recipe (page 11) from the
June-July 2003 Wine Maker Magazine? Any comments?

Aubrey

"DJ" > wrote in message >...
> Has anyone attempted the Summertime Blueberry Wine recipe (page 11) from the
> June-July 2003 Wine Maker Magazine? Any comments?

You might take a look at web site
http://www.eckraus.com/home-wine-making-recipes.asp. I think they have
a pretty good list of country wines that work well. Aubrey
genekay

"DJ" > wrote in message >...
> Has anyone attempted the Summertime Blueberry Wine recipe (page 11) from the
> June-July 2003 Wine Maker Magazine? Any comments?

This is my first try at blueberry wine, and I currently have two
gallons from that recipe that are about ready to be bottled. At last
racking, from the small sample I had, it looks very promising. Not an
deep blueberry taste, but a good red wine flavor.
DJ

> This is my first try at blueberry wine, and I currently have two
> gallons from that recipe that are about ready to be bottled. At last
> racking, from the small sample I had, it looks very promising. Not an
> deep blueberry taste, but a good red wine flavor.

Can you post your one gallon recipe? I was going to make a 5 gallon batch
when the blueberries come in season, but might try a one gallon batch from
frozen stock.

DJ

imager

Hi

I made a blueberry wine but I believe it was a 2001 winemaker magazine.
I had excellent results and rave reviews, but I only made the one
gallon. It was like a merlot with blueberry hints. I keep meaning to
do a 5 gallon batch or 10 but havent since.

I could dig up the recipe if you would be interested in that.

Phil

In article >, DJ
> wrote:

> Has anyone attempted the Summertime Blueberry Wine recipe (page 11) from the
> June-July 2003 Wine Maker Magazine? Any comments?

glad heart

I would be interested in your recipe Phil. Thanks.

I've got one going right now (8 months old). Followed Stanley
Anderson's recipe to the tee. It's thin. Poor colour compared to a
grape varietal. Taste is promising. My first one.

Jim
Alfonse

Yes, I would be interested it the recipe as well. I was planning to make
some from frozen.
Thanks,
Al
"imager" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I made a blueberry wine but I believe it was a 2001 winemaker magazine.
> I had excellent results and rave reviews, but I only made the one
> gallon. It was like a merlot with blueberry hints. I keep meaning to
> do a 5 gallon batch or 10 but havent since.
>
> I could dig up the recipe if you would be interested in that.
>
> Phil
>
> In article >, DJ
> > wrote:
>
> > Has anyone attempted the Summertime Blueberry Wine recipe (page 11) from

the
> > June-July 2003 Wine Maker Magazine? Any comments?

Marc

Hi everyone

My first post here. I live close to Quebec city where wild blueberries and
chokecherries grow in abondance. I made a 5 gal. batch of blueberry and
chokecherry wine that already taste like a port wine after 8 months in bulk.
I'm surprised and very satisfied at the result. I also made a special
bottle by following one of Jack Keller's tip. I froze some wine to remove
water and mixed the concentrate with wine in order to fortify it. Can't
wait to find out what it'll taste like.

I used 5 lbs of each blueberries and chokecherries (without crushing the
pits), 3 lbs of blue grape (found in grocery store, don't really know how
you call'em in english) and sugared it up to a 1.1 SG

Marc

"glad heart" > a écrit dans le message de
om...
> I would be interested in your recipe Phil. Thanks.
>
> I've got one going right now (8 months old). Followed Stanley
> Anderson's recipe to the tee. It's thin. Poor colour compared to a
> grape varietal. Taste is promising. My first one.
>
> Jim

Julie

So... can you guys post the recipe? I'm just waiting to start a batch
of wine, and have my own past recipe, but would love to try a new one!

Thanks!

Julie