jim book

Default fruit seeds

hope someone can answer this for me. after leaving the fruit in the primary
for 7-10 days, are the seeds still
viable for planting? wondering about elderberry, blueberry, and concord.
thanks, jim book

Ken Vale

jim book wrote:

>hope someone can answer this for me. after leaving the fruit in the primary
>for 7-10 days, are the seeds still
>viable for planting? wondering about elderberry, blueberry, and concord.
>thanks, jim book

Well I'm not possitive, but I would say yes based on the fact that
said seeds would be expossed to fermentation of the fruit/berry anyways
(fruit/berry ripens on the tree/bush/vine, falls to the ground, then
ferments/rots, seed grows into new plant).
Ken

Four RECIPES: "Fruit Spreads" - use concentrated fruit juice for sweetener Melba's Jammin' Preserving 20 27-05-2006 12:51 AM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 10:38 PM
Seeds North Preserving 13 14-04-2004 02:00 PM
Onion seeds vs Nigella seeds PenguiN General Cooking 6 16-03-2004 03:46 AM