Joe

Default Wine trading??

Is it possible to trade wine say accross the country with about 10
people or so? Or is it illegal to ship homemade wine?? some one had
told me you are not supposed to ship wine etc. accross state lines.
Fed Ex or UPS would be used.
Ray

Correct, I asked ATF for a clarification on this. Basically, you are
allowed to make wine for consumption at your own table. You are not really
allowed to give it away as gifts or even take it to someone else's house for
consumption or to picnics. But then again I do not know of anyone who has
been prosecuted for doing so. I just do not like laws that hang over my
head for use when they want one.
;o(
Ray

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...
> Joe wrote:
> > Is it possible to trade wine say accross the country with about 10
> > people or so? Or is it illegal to ship homemade wine?? some one had
> > told me you are not supposed to ship wine etc. accross state lines.
> > Fed Ex or UPS would be used.

> The tax man wants his piece. According to the law, wine is to be made for
> household consumption. Accordingly, the carriers will not knowingly

accept
> wine for transit so they are not accomplices. .
>
> Fruit juice, however, is perfectly legal to ship. It must be sealed in

such
> a manner as to be leakproof even if the bottle is broken. If I ship

juice,
> I seal the container with tape. Then I wrap it in a plastic bag and tie

it
> closed. I put that into another platic bag and do the same thing. I then
> put it into a carton with plenty of packaging material. Bubble pack, foam
> sheets, etc. Make sure the bottle has plenty of clearance from the carton
> and does not rattle.
>
> Keep in mind the package may be in freezing weather, can be dropped,

kicked,

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome