frederick ploegman

Default "Aseptic level"

"...0.825 ppm molecular is required to suppress growth of
Brettanomyces/Dekkera sp. and Saccharomyces cerevisiae according to one
study. [Beech et al]..."

I'm pretty sure that this is the one that made me think that the "aseptic"
level should be (was?) increased to 0.83 ppm. Since this is the level
needed to cover "brett", I just automatically jacked up my levels the
first time I read this. Am I confused about this ??

David C Breeden

frederick ploegman ) wrote:
>"...0.825 ppm molecular is required to suppress growth of
>Brettanomyces/Dekkera sp. and Saccharomyces cerevisiae according to one
>study. [Beech et al]..."

>I'm pretty sure that this is the one that made me think that the "aseptic"
>level should be (was?) increased to 0.83 ppm. Since this is the level
>needed to cover "brett", I just automatically jacked up my levels the
>first time I read this. Am I confused about this ??

Nope, that seems right to me.

The upper end of the aseptic level that I've seen (in Margalit's
books) is 0.8 molecular, so that's pretty close to 0.825.

Brett is a a pain.

Where's the above quote from?

Dave
Dave Breeden
frederick ploegman

"David C Breeden" > wrote in message
> frederick ploegman ) wrote:
> >"...0.825 ppm molecular is required to suppress growth of
> >Brettanomyces/Dekkera sp. and Saccharomyces cerevisiae according to one
> >study. [Beech et al]..."

> >I'm pretty sure that this is the one that made me think that the

"aseptic"
> >level should be (was?) increased to 0.83 ppm. Since this is the level
> >needed to cover "brett", I just automatically jacked up my levels the
> >first time I read this. Am I confused about this ??

> Nope, that seems right to me.
>
> The upper end of the aseptic level that I've seen (in Margalit's
> books) is 0.8 molecular, so that's pretty close to 0.825.
>
> Brett is a a pain.
>
> Where's the above quote from?
>
> Dave

For quote see:
http://members.tripod.com/~BRotter/S...SO2%20and%20pH

References are at the bottom of that page. HTH

DEFCOM 1 RED LEVEL EMERGENCY DIRE STRAIGHTS MURDER LEVEL TYRANY ALERT nation of fools General Cooking 0 03-01-2013 06:33 PM
pH level Lou[_1_] Winemaking 7 31-03-2009 08:28 PM
Take wine to the next level [email protected] Wine 0 18-07-2007 08:47 PM
testing alcohol level [email protected] Winemaking 5 05-10-2006 05:57 PM
On that bi-level jam ... The Joneses Preserving 7 18-04-2006 12:08 AM