Don S

Default additives used in wine making

I brought up the idea of a page on wine additives back in Nov.
I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with it but what
I was thinking about was something like this:

http://www.magma.ca/~asd/Wine/Wine-Additives.html

Only bentonite is really filled in. In the interests of not
biting of more than I should, I was thinking that on the first
version it might not have any "Additional Notes" and leave
that for rev 2.

Comments more than welcome.

Don
Dave Allyn

On 1 Jan 2004 18:53:57 -0800, (Don S) wrote:

>I brought up the idea of a page on wine additives back in Nov.
>I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with it but what
>I was thinking about was something like this:

http://www.magma.ca/~asd/Wine/Wine-Additives.html

>Only bentonite is really filled in. In the interests of not
>biting of more than I should, I was thinking that on the first
>version it might not have any "Additional Notes" and leave
>that for rev 2.

I pesonally think it looks great. I have been looking for such a site
for a while, and am excited to see it being worked on.

The only thing I could think of to add would be a "use before" for the
items that need rehydrating. i.e. Bentonite: If more is mixed than
needed, use befo (x weeks) or it may lose it's effectivness...

Just a suggestion, otherwise (and even without) seems like a great
idea.

email: dallyn_spam at yahoo dot com
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!
K. B.

"Don S" > wrote in message
om...
> I brought up the idea of a page on wine additives back in Nov.
> I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with it but what
> I was thinking about was something like this:
>
> http://www.magma.ca/~asd/Wine/Wine-Additives.html
>
> Only bentonite is really filled in. In the interests of not
> biting of more than I should, I was thinking that on the first
> version it might not have any "Additional Notes" and leave
> that for rev 2.
>
> Comments more than welcome.
>
> Don

Your initial concept is excellent and I both learned and enjoyed reading
what you have up there to date. I think it is a marvelous idea and a service
to winemakers!

As the subject of shelf life came up in this NG perhaps a shelf life could
be added.
Regards,

KB

Don S

> As the subject of shelf life came up in this NG perhaps a shelf life could
> be added.

I was going to use "Storage Considerations" for that as it
encompassed more than just shelf life ie. storing in a fridge.

Don
Jack Keller

KB, for shelf life, go to
http://www.homebrew.com/wine_cellar/wineblog.shtml and read the entry