Bruce

Default Coons not looking so cute

I have had a fine solution to coons, opossums, skunks and deer, all a plague
for me for years. It is called a "Red Snapper". 110 volts - the output
voltage is way up there and the current safely down in the milliamps. Sold
at Orchard Hardware for $31, although I don't see it there now. A little
3x5x2 box. Ground one terminal and string the other with a 16-gage bare
copper wire around the area to be covered at a height of 10 inches for
critters and 30 inches for deer. I use a double line for both. At turns
and at the end, use a nylon fishing line to insulate it. Covers one mile.
It hits real hard if you are bare-foot. Never a doubt.....

Red Snapper
North Central Plastics, Inc.
R.R. 1, Box 1A
Ellendale, MN 56026

Cheers,
Bruce

"Ken Anderson" > wrote in message
et...
> Quite simply, if I don't do something about the raccoons that have
> discovered my grapes, there will be no wine for me. It's a nightly

assault.
> They spit the skins away - the ground under the vines is covered with

them.
> The canopy is disheveled from their climbing up the trunks and foraging.

In
> past posts, I see mention of box traps. Are there any other ways to deter
> these critters? Can't bring myself to shoot, or trap them. Thanks.
> Ken A.

Sean

You dont have to test them that way anymore....there are light meters
designed for testing fences...heck even touching it with a blade of grass
gives enough resistance to let you feel the pulses and not blow your socks
off!

lol

Sean

"Bruce" > wrote in message

> I have had a fine solution to coons, opossums, skunks and deer, all a

plague
> for me for years. It is called a "Red Snapper".
> It hits real hard if you are bare-foot. Never a doubt.....

Fred Williams

Y'a, but REAL MEN just GRIP the damn thing! :-)

"Sean" > wrote in message
> You dont have to test them that way anymore....there are light meters
> designed for testing fences...heck even touching it with a blade of grass
> gives enough resistance to let you feel the pulses and not blow your socks
> off!
>
> lol
>
> Sean
>
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> >
> > I have had a fine solution to coons, opossums, skunks and deer, all a

> plague
> > for me for years. It is called a "Red Snapper".
> > It hits real hard if you are bare-foot. Never a doubt.....

Sean

I used to test them that way but i got tired of people having to use a 2 x 4
to pry me off

"Fred Williams" > wrote in message
> Y'a, but REAL MEN just GRIP the damn thing! :-)

Ken Anderson

I have a buddy who has told me the story about a guy who unwittingly peed on
an electric fence, back when they were kids. Hurts thinking about it. : O

cute Bryan-TGWWW General Cooking 0 24-10-2013 07:28 PM
Very Cute! Mark Heller Tea 0 13-04-2008 04:18 PM
OT But Cute Frenchy General Cooking 0 21-12-2006 05:48 PM