Tim McNally

Default Grapes at Niagra Falls

Thanks all for your suggestions. I came home with neither juice nor
grapes. I found out what you already knew - a lot of winter kill on
the vinifera and a late harvest. I visited some vineyards on the
Niagra Pennisula and saw the small crops. Actually, it looked like the
remains of machine picking, but these vines hadn't been touched.
Isn't Baco normally a high acid wine? Even when ripe? I tasted some
wonderful Bacos at Caroline's and Pellers. They seem to know how to
handle the acid. I saw some reds being crushed at one vineyard and
assume it was baco.

I decided to keep it simple this year. I am going to Presque Isle Sat
to pick up Ca. grapes and at the end of the month head to Walkers at
the end of the month. BTW, what were the acid readings of the Walker
juices?

Tim

> I see you have received lots of suggestions for juice.
>
> But, are you looking for grapes? Most of the big reds are very difficult to
> find. But concord/Niagara grape farms are abundant including PYO.
>
> Joe
>
> "Tim McNally" > wrote in message
> m...
> > The 1st several days of Oct. my wife and I are visiting Niagra Falls.
> > I wondered if their are any good sources of grapes on the Canadian
> > side, or in the area in general. Since the harvest is coming in late,
> > I think it is too early for Walkers.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Tim

J Dixon

Tim, I believe that all of Walker's juice is adjusted by them for sugar and
acid content. Here is a link to their website.
John Dixon
http://www.walkersfruitbasket.com/

om...