Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Rational discussion

I have enjoyed the previous exchange of views,but do not like at all
being told that my views,perhaps wrong as I am new to vine culture,are
total nonsense.I thought that I had put down some valid points,which
doubi....thinks are total nonsense.Since it is clear that
doubi....wishes to hide his identity,I am afraid that I will be taking
the views of Paul in my future approaches,as at least he is willing to
hear differing views without becoming irrational.Incidentally,my
comment was about WASPS not bees-I have actually seen them on the
ripening grapes in previous years,so that comment cannot be total
nonsense!
So,please Paul,can we ignore doubi...comments as spam,and perhaps
continue a very useful discussion about whether it is sensible to use
garden mulch to preserve top soil moisture on a dry soil.
Michael
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Michael,

Putting a name on my words doesn't give me more credibility. Either
the ideas are sound or they're not. You have already given me
credibility with your observations. It's the nay sayers who
continually dissent in the face of overwhelming evidence are the ones
with no credibility. Would you feel better if my name was Bernie
Maddoff or Lehman Brothers? They had credibility because they had a
name, right?

On Sep 15, 5:05*am, michael > wrote:
> I have enjoyed the previous exchange of views,but do not like at all
> being told that my views,perhaps wrong as I am new to vine culture,are
> total nonsense.I thought that I had put down some valid points,which
> doubi....thinks are total nonsense.Since it is clear that
> doubi....wishes to hide his identity,I am afraid that I will be taking
> the views of Paul in my future approaches,as at least he is willing to
> hear differing views without becoming irrational.Incidentally,my
> comment was about WASPS not bees-I have actually seen them on the
> ripening grapes in previous years,so that comment cannot be total
> nonsense!
> So,please Paul,can we ignore doubi...comments as spam,and perhaps
> continue a very useful discussion about whether it is sensible to use
> garden mulch to preserve top soil moisture on a dry soil.
> Michael

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Putting a name on my words doesn't give me more credibility.

It would imply that your are proud of the words you use instead of hiding
behind an alias.

Why do you still refuse to say where you are growing your grapes and which
varieties you are growing?

> Either
> the ideas are sound or they're not.

AT LEAST one idea you had - using Brute trash containers for fermentation
containers was NOT sound and was downright DANGEROUS advice. Why should
anyone trust your other advice.

> You have already given me
> credibility with your observations. It's the nay sayers who
> continually dissent in the face of overwhelming evidence

You have not presented documented "overwhelming evidence".
You have merely presented your "ideas".

> are the ones
> with no credibility. Would you feel better if my name was Bernie
> Maddoff or Lehman Brothers? They had credibility because they had a
> name, right?
>
> On Sep 15, 5:05Â*am, michael > wrote:
>> I have enjoyed the previous exchange of views,but do not like at all
>> being told that my views,perhaps wrong as I am new to vine culture,are
>> total nonsense.I thought that I had put down some valid points,which
>> doubi....thinks are total nonsense.Since it is clear that
>> doubi....wishes to hide his identity,I am afraid that I will be taking
>> the views of Paul in my future approaches,as at least he is willing to
>> hear differing views without becoming irrational.Incidentally,my
>> comment was about WASPS not bees-I have actually seen them on the
>> ripening grapes in previous years,so that comment cannot be total
>> nonsense!
>> So,please Paul,can we ignore doubi...comments as spam,and perhaps
>> continue a very useful discussion about whether it is sensible to use
>> garden mulch to preserve top soil moisture on a dry soil.
>> Michael

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Oh, stop being silly. This is Usenet, anyone can call themselves anything
and no one knows who they are.

BBQ Forums and Discussion Groups piedmont Barbecue 21 13-01-2010 03:32 PM
Supertaster Discussion Dominic T. Tea 14 16-01-2009 10:52 PM
Food topic for discussion.... Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 13 29-01-2007 10:43 PM
Tea Discussion Forum S Lun Tea 0 06-03-2005 10:57 AM
Still more discussion about thickeners Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 4 19-11-2003 08:58 AM