FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   Pinot Grigio Advice wanted (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/176676-pinot-grigio-advice-wanted.html)

bobdrob[_2_] 09-09-2009 02:06 AM

Pinot Grigio Advice wanted

greetings all! Our wholesalers here in Boston are expecting the 1st trailers
of grapes this week. Our group has voted to try making Pinot Grigio this
year & it looks like this weekend will be a white weekend. Has anyone any
pointers for making PG? All responses greatly appreeshed. regards, bob

Paul E. Lehmann[_7_] 09-09-2009 11:20 AM

Pinot Grigio Advice wanted

bobdrob wrote:

> greetings all! Our wholesalers here in Boston are expecting the 1st
> trailers of grapes this week. Our group has voted to try making Pinot
> Grigio this year & it looks like this weekend will be a white weekend. Has
> anyone any
> pointers for making PG? All responses greatly appreeshed. regards, bob

Press off immediately after crushing.

One year, I left the crushed grapes on the skins overnight. That year I
made "Paul's Pink Pinot" It does not take long at all for the skins to
color the juice.