Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Sparkling Wine Sediment Locks

I've heard that there are special gizmos which can be used to seal a
bottle of sparkling wine during the in-bottle fermentation and which
have some sort of lock to make expelling the lees easier than the old
methods. I searched several wine making supply web sites and found
nothing; does anyone have a name or link to such an item?

Thanks,

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On May 21, 3:02*pm, Pavel314 > wrote:
> I've heard that there are special gizmos which can be used to seal a
> bottle of sparkling wine during the in-bottle fermentation and which
> have some sort of lock to make expelling the lees easier than the old
> methods. I searched several wine making supply web sites and found
> nothing; does anyone have a name or link to such an item?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Are you talking about bidules? Presque Isle stocks them but so do
most places...
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On May 22, 1:31*pm, Joe Sallustio > wrote:
> On May 21, 3:02*pm, Pavel314 > wrote:
>
> > I've heard that there are special gizmos which can be used to seal a
> > bottle of sparkling wine during the in-bottle fermentation and which
> > have some sort of lock to make expelling the lees easier than the old
> > methods. I searched several wine making supply web sites and found
> > nothing; does anyone have a name or link to such an item?

> > Thanks,

> > Paul

> Are you talking about bidules? *Presque Isle stocks them but so do
> most places...

That's the thing. Thanks!

sparkling wine Alex Winemaking 4 24-11-2005 03:14 PM
white sediment with black currant wine alien Winemaking 6 16-11-2004 07:31 PM
Sediment in bottled wine camelot Winemaking 14 04-11-2004 07:51 PM
Newbee... wondering about wine sediment Ginger Wine 2 27-10-2004 09:05 PM
Sediment problem in Apple Wine kksbridge Winemaking 2 11-10-2003 09:23 PM