Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Promising Cross for the NW

Have a very interesting hybrid ...
ES 5-3-89 x n74 longii/Muscat of Alexandria 'E'
I used this as a seed parent for Viognier pollen, and now have 5
seedlings growing in a test row.
The top parent has very good sized clusters 'bigger than Leon Millot'
white fruit and a sort of Riesling Fruity flavor.
Viognier speaks for itself.
It is hoped that I can gain an earlier maturing Viognier type for
white wines to grow in the never too warm Puget Sound region, where 60
degrees F is T- shirt weather.
Another fine hybrid is my Saint Pepin x RW Munson #1. This one has
white fruit, 'slightly' pink, and flavor is much like Saint Pepin.
Have heard good reports from the Midwest on its wine qualities. Here,
it is less Rank than St. Pepin and usually ripens late midseason, but
this year, hardly anything got past 18 brix.

Cross Rib Roast RegForte Barbecue 23 17-08-2009 08:21 PM
Cross your fingers Melba's Jammin' Preserving 0 08-08-2009 08:39 PM
Hot Cross Buns Mr. Bill[_2_] Baking 0 04-04-2009 12:35 PM
Stem cell transplant promising for type 1 diabetes Protagonist Diabetic 0 11-04-2007 01:23 AM
Hot Cross Buns david buzanko Recipes (moderated) 0 10-03-2007 05:54 PM