Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default wyeast wine yeasts

Anyone have any experience with the Wyeast Red liquid yeasts, like the
Bordeaux or Chianti?

http://www.wyeastlab.com/hw_yeaststrain.cfm
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Rob Rob is offline

> Anyone have any experience with the Wyeast Red liquid yeasts, like the
> Bordeaux or Chianti?

I've used them (in the "smack-pack" pouches) the past couple of years,
and I like them I'm using Chianti on Sangiovese grapes right now, and
used their yeasts on Syrah and a faux-ice wine last year. Last year's
wines are getting rave reviews, and I'm really thrilled with how the
Sangiovese is coming so far (it just finished ML). I'd personally
recommend them - they're a little more fool-proof to me (a reasonably
large fool...) than making starters from dried yeast.

Hope this reply isn't too late.

Rob

triing to get a sweet cherry wine to ferment? used a liquid wyeast.sg of .122 Fkoz Winemaking 5 06-12-2013 04:47 AM
"Efforts to create transgenic grapevines are well advanced, andtransgenic wine yeasts are already starting to appear in American winemaking." [email protected] Wine 1 26-12-2007 01:40 PM
pitching two yeasts snpm Winemaking 11 15-01-2007 03:17 AM
Oh where, oh where have my little yeasts gone? Mike Dilger Sourdough 10 14-10-2005 10:33 PM
mixing yeasts jason Winemaking 2 04-10-2004 07:17 PM