FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/157074-sale-55-gallon-stainless.html)

[email protected] 15-06-2008 02:46 AM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Brian

None4You 15-06-2008 07:10 AM

[email protected] 15-06-2008 02:26 PM

On Jun 15, 3:10*am, "None4You" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

> > Serious inquiries.

> > Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *Formerly help
> > syrup for making cola, so food grade.

> > Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
> > barrel stove, smoker, etc.

> > $150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

> > * * * ------- *
> > *>>Anyone know this guy or is it a crap shoot.

Since I'm not mailing them, you'll be able to inspect the barrels at
the time of purchase. If you don't like them you can walk away.

[email protected] 15-06-2008 05:37 PM

In misc.survivalism wrote:

> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Frank Gilliland 15-06-2008 05:42 PM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

wrote:

>> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

>Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...

Stainless steel? Free?

Where?

[email protected] 15-06-2008 06:24 PM

[email protected] 15-06-2008 06:25 PM

On Jun 15, 1:37*pm, wrote:
> In misc.survivalism wrote:
> > $150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

> Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...
>
> --
> The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
> certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
> * * * * -- Bertrand Russel

They are about $450 new.

[email protected] 15-06-2008 07:15 PM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:42:51 -0700, Frank Gilliland

wrote:

>>> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

>>Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...

>Stainless steel? Free?
>
>Where?

yea, really. I'ld love to find a stainless drum for free. It would
make a hell of a still.

Hal

myal 15-06-2008 11:13 PM

wrote:

>>> Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...

>> Stainless steel? Free?
>>
>> Where?
>>

> yea, really. I'ld love to find a stainless drum for free. It would
> make a hell of a still.
>
> Hal

beer kegs at back of the pub

Mark R[_4_] 16-06-2008 12:32 AM

"Myal" > wrote in message news:hug5k.11334

>>> Stainless steel? Free?
>>>
>>> Where?
>>>

>> yea, really. I'ld love to find a stainless drum for free. It would
>> make a hell of a still.
>>
>> Hal

> beer kegs at back of the pub

Theft? That's great advice. Then again if you intend to use it for a still,
picking them up from the back of a pub is probably just a minor
technicality.

Mark R

myal 16-06-2008 01:13 AM

Mark R wrote:

>>> yea, really. I'ld love to find a stainless drum for free. It would
>>> make a hell of a still.
>>>
>>> Hal

>> beer kegs at back of the pub

> Theft? That's great advice. Then again if you intend to use it for a still,
> picking them up from the back of a pub is probably just a minor
> technicality.
>
> Mark R

hey

I only suggested where to find the things , not how to acquire them .

Bart Goddard 16-06-2008 01:38 AM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

"Mark R" > wrote in
:

>>> yea, really. I'ld love to find a stainless drum for free. It would
>>> make a hell of a still.
>>>
>>> Hal

>> beer kegs at back of the pub

> Theft? That's great advice. Then again if you intend to use it for a
> still, picking them up from the back of a pub is probably just a minor
> technicality.

And a keg is only 15 gallons. A bit short of the 55 requested.

B.

[email protected] 16-06-2008 02:04 AM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:32:44 -0500, "Mark R"
> wrote:

>>> yea, really. I'ld love to find a stainless drum for free. It would
>>> make a hell of a still.
>>>
>>> Hal

>> beer kegs at back of the pub

>Theft? That's great advice. Then again if you intend to use it for a still,
>picking them up from the back of a pub is probably just a minor
>technicality.

the still is purely fer fule fer the tracter, ther Mister Revinoor.

Hal

myal 16-06-2008 02:10 AM

Bart Goddard wrote:
> "Mark R" > wrote in
> :

>>> beer kegs at back of the pub

>> Theft? That's great advice. Then again if you intend to use it for a
>> still, picking them up from the back of a pub is probably just a minor
>> technicality.

> And a keg is only 15 gallons. A bit short of the 55 requested.
>
> B.

acquire several kegs .....

Gunner Asch 16-06-2008 02:51 AM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:25:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

>On Jun 15, 1:37*pm, wrote:
>> In misc.survivalism wrote:
>> > $150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

>> Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...
>>
>> --
>> The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
>> certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
>> * * * * -- Bertrand Russel

>They are about $450 new.

stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal

Mark R[_4_] 16-06-2008 02:15 PM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

> wrote in message news:9a5dd339-725a-
>
> >They are about $450 new.

> stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
> master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.
>
> gunner
>
> at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
> exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
> mariposa rand mair theal

And food grade. They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

Mark R

Wayne Harris 16-06-2008 07:24 PM

On Jun 16, 9:15*am, "Mark R" > wrote:
> > wrote in message news:9a5dd339-725a-
>
> > >They are about $450 new.

> > stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
> > master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

> > gunner

> > at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
> > exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
> > mariposa rand mair theal

> And food grade. *They didn't hold bezene or mercury.
>
> What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.
>
> Mark R

where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.

Dick Adams[_3_] 16-06-2008 10:07 PM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

> wrote:
> Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
> Serious inquiries.
>
> Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels.
> Formerly help syrup for making cola, so food grade.
>
> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

How many home brewers are running a 55 barrell system?
I get quarter barrells direct from breweries for free
cause I'm a nice guy.

Dick

[email protected] 17-06-2008 02:53 AM

On Jun 16, 3:24*pm, Wayne Harris > wrote:

> > > stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
> > > master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

> > > gunner

> > > at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
> > > exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
> > > mariposa rand mair theal

> > And food grade. *They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

> > What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

> > Mark R

> where are they? *I am in Medina Ohio.

Columbus area. I can meet you in the middle. My truck will haul six,
maybe eight.

[email protected] 17-06-2008 02:55 AM

On Jun 16, 6:07*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
> > wrote:
> > Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
> > Serious inquiries.

> > Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *
> > Formerly help syrup for making cola, so food grade.

> > $150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

> How many home brewers are running a 55 barrell system?

Extreme brewers.

> I get quarter barrells direct from breweries for free
> cause I'm a nice guy.
>
> Dick

Yeh, I started with those, too. Stay on the porch.

None4You 17-06-2008 05:05 AM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

> wrote in message
On Jun 16, 3:24 pm, Wayne Harris > wrote:

> > > stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
> > > master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

> > > gunner

> > > at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
> > > exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
> > > mariposa rand mair theal

> > And food grade. They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

> > What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

> > Mark R

> where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.

Columbus area. I can meet you in the middle. My truck will haul six,
maybe
--------->>>> I'm in Lorain, Ohio I could swing two right now in my
VW hatch and meet up if a trip was in order. I have a truck that could move
six or eight too. But I loaned it out for the week to scrap an aluminum
pool. If that would help with how many you want to move.

[email protected] 17-06-2008 04:14 PM

wrote:

> >> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

> >Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...

> Stainless steel? Free?

Sorry. I didn't notice that they were stainless. I thought you had
regular 55 gal drums.

[email protected] 17-06-2008 11:27 PM

On Jun 17, 1:05*am, "None4You" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > > And food grade. They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

> > > What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

> > > Mark R

> > where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.

> Columbus area. *I can meet you in the middle. *My truck will haul six,
> maybe
> * * * *--------->>>> *I'm in Lorain, Ohio *I could swing two right now in my
> VW hatch and meet up if a trip was in order. I have a truck that could move
> six or eight too. But I loaned it out for the week to scrap an aluminum
> pool. If that would help with how many you want to move.- Hide quoted text -

Can you email to my original posting's email address? Thanks

None4You 18-06-2008 01:15 AM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

> wrote in message
On Jun 17, 1:05 am, "None4You" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > > And food grade. They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

> > > What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

> > > Mark R

> > where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.

> Columbus area. I can meet you in the middle. My truck will haul six,
> maybe
> --------->>>> I'm in Lorain, Ohio I could swing two right now in my
> VW hatch and meet up if a trip was in order. I have a truck that could
> move
> six or eight too. But I loaned it out for the week to scrap an aluminum
> pool. If that would help with how many you want to move.- Hide quoted
> text -

Can you email to my original posting's email address?
------
< >

JP[_3_] 18-06-2008 04:54 PM

On Jun 14, 8:46*pm, wrote:
> Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
>
> Serious inquiries.
>
> Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *Formerly help
> syrup for making cola, so food grade.
>
> Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
> barrel stove, smoker, etc.
>
> $150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.
>
> Brian

Hey Brian. How many bungs are in the barrels and where are they
located? Would there be a way to dent the bottom of the barrel to
create a cone bottom? I would be interested in using these drums for
biodiesel washing if that were possible.

[email protected] 18-06-2008 11:49 PM

On Jun 17, 9:15*pm, "None4You" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> On Jun 17, 1:05 am, "None4You" > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message

> > > where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.

> > Columbus area. I can meet you in the middle. My truck will haul six,
> > maybe
> > --------->>>> I'm in Lorain, Ohio I could swing two right now in my
> > VW hatch and meet up if a trip was in order. I have a truck that could
> > move
> > six or eight too. But I loaned it out for the week to scrap an aluminum
> > pool. If that would help with how many you want to move.- Hide quoted
> > text -

> Can you email to my original posting's email address?
> * * * * ------ *

I don't see an email from you.

[email protected] 18-06-2008 11:56 PM

Update... For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

On Jun 14, 10:46*pm, wrote:
> Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
>
> Serious inquiries.
>
> Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *Formerly help
> syrup for making cola, so food grade.
>
> Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
> barrel stove, smoker, etc.
>
> $150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.
>
> Brian

Five are sold, two more spoken for.

None4You 23-06-2008 05:57 PM

On Jun 14, 10:46 pm, wrote:
> Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
>
> Serious inquiries.
>
> Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
> syrup for making cola, so food grade.
>
> Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
> barrel stove, smoker, etc.
>
> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.
>
> Brian

Five are sold, two more spoken
------
>>If you Ohio brewers are contemplating this. I bought two. They are brand

new , spotless and had food extracts in them. There's a food label on them.
I just don't feel like figuring out what exactly it was. I'm thinking some
kinda of Vanilla extract or something else with alcohol in it. Grainger is
listing them at $795. So I'm thinking they cost $500 or so elsewhere.

Popcorn 25-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 1138712)
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Brian

Do you have any of these left?

Do you know the gauge or thickness?

[email protected] 12-10-2016 08:44 PM

[email protected] 07-11-2016 07:58 PM

For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

On Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 9:46:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
>
> Serious inquiries.
>
> Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
> syrup for making cola, so food grade.
>
> Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
> barrel stove, smoker, etc.
>
> $150 each. I can help with transportation locally.
>
> Brian

Do you still have any of these barrels
please text me at 419-606-4014
Thank you