Old 16-06-2008, 02:15 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

Default For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

wrote in message news:9a5dd339-725a-

They are about $450 new.

stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
mariposa rand mair theal

And food grade. They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

Mark R

Old 16-06-2008, 07:24 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 16, 9:15*am, "Mark R" wrote:
wrote in message news:9a5dd339-725a-

They are about $450 new.

stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
mariposa rand mair theal

And food grade. *They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

Mark R

where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.
Old 16-06-2008, 10:07 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

wrote:
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels.
Formerly help syrup for making cola, so food grade.

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

How many home brewers are running a 55 barrell system?
I get quarter barrells direct from breweries for free
cause I'm a nice guy.

Dick

Old 17-06-2008, 02:53 AM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 16, 3:24*pm, Wayne Harris wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:15*am, "Mark R" wrote:

wrote in message news:9a5dd339-725a-

They are about $450 new.

stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
mariposa rand mair theal

And food grade. *They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

Mark R

where are they? *I am in Medina Ohio.

Columbus area. I can meet you in the middle. My truck will haul six,
maybe eight.
Old 17-06-2008, 02:55 AM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 16, 6:07*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.
Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *
Formerly help syrup for making cola, so food grade.

$150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

How many home brewers are running a 55 barrell system?

Extreme brewers.

I get quarter barrells direct from breweries for free
cause I'm a nice guy.

Dick

Yeh, I started with those, too. Stay on the porch.

Old 17-06-2008, 05:05 AM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 16, 9:15 am, "Mark R" wrote:

wrote in message news:9a5dd339-725a-

They are about $450 new.

stainless steel 55gallon drums are a premium deal....even i, the
master scrounger, would be hard pressed to get any for free.

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
mariposa rand mair theal

And food grade. They didn't hold bezene or mercury.

What! No seasonings, well that counts me out.

Mark R

where are they? I am in Medina Ohio.

Columbus area. I can meet you in the middle. My truck will haul six,
maybe
--------- I'm in Lorain, Ohio I could swing two right now in my
VW hatch and meet up if a trip was in order. I have a truck that could move
six or eight too. But I loaned it out for the week to scrap an aluminum
pool. If that would help with how many you want to move.

Old 17-06-2008, 04:14 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

In misc.survivalism Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:37:51 +0000 (UTC),
wrote in :

In misc.survivalism
wrote:

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Ummm....Most folks pick them up for free...

Stainless steel? Free?

Sorry. I didn't notice that they were stainless. I thought you had
regular 55 gal drums.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Old 17-06-2008, 11:27 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 16, 9:15 am, "Mark R" wrote:

[...]

pool. If that would help with how many you want to move.- Hide quoted text -

Can you email to my original posting's email address? Thanks

Old 18-06-2008, 04:54 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 14, 8:46*pm, wrote:
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

Brian

Hey Brian. How many bungs are in the barrels and where are they
located? Would there be a way to dent the bottom of the barrel to
create a cone bottom? I would be interested in using these drums for
biodiesel washing if that were possible.

Old 18-06-2008, 11:49 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

On Jun 16, 9:15 am, "Mark R" wrote:

[...]

* * * * ------ *

I don't see an email from you.
Old 18-06-2008, 11:56 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

Default Update... For Sale: 55 gallon Stainless Steel Barrels

On Jun 14, 10:46*pm, wrote:
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. *Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. *I can help with transportation locally.

Brian

Five are sold, two more spoken for.
Old 23-06-2008, 05:57 PM posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.energy.renewable

wrote in message
On Jun 14, 10:46 pm, wrote:
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Brian

Five are sold, two more spoken
------
If you Ohio brewers are contemplating this. I bought two. They are brand

new , spotless and had food extracts in them. There's a food label on them.
I just don't feel like figuring out what exactly it was. I'm thinking some
kinda of Vanilla extract or something else with alcohol in it. Grainger is
listing them at $795. So I'm thinking they cost $500 or so elsewhere.

Old 25-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Brian
Do you have any of these left?

Do you know the gauge or thickness?
Old 12-10-2016, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 9:46:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Central Ohio Only, no shipping.

Serious inquiries.

Solid head (not open top) stainless steel barrels. Formerly help
syrup for making cola, so food grade.

Can be used for biodiesel, beer sculpture, wine making, water storage,
barrel stove, smoker, etc.

$150 each. I can help with transportation locally.

Brian

Preference for Carbon Steel over Stainless Steel T Blake General Cooking 36 30-05-2014 08:43 PM
Stainless Steel DGD Barbecue 4 10-04-2007 02:30 AM
Stainless steel Ruddell General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 12:39 AM
Stainless barrels ? Analogueman Winemaking 4 10-02-2004 04:13 AM
For Sale: 5 & 7 Gallon Carboys Seattle Area Braaivleis Winemaking 6 09-01-2004 06:17 PM