Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Concord Grape Wine 1980

I made some grape wine back in 1980 and packed it away. Now I just ran
across a few bottles that have been back in the garage since then. I'm
taking bets - what's the chance it's any good?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jul 31, 4:21 pm, "Mail Man Bob" > wrote:
> ... what's the chance it's any good?

I'd say there are two chances; slim and none. But if your garage
stays at 55 to 65 degrees all year long, and the wine was highly
tannic and well balanced to begin with, then it might be drinkable.

Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

the over/under line on concord wine is 1 year mise en bouteille...

"Mail Man Bob" > wrote in message
>I made some grape wine back in 1980 and packed it away. Now I just ran
> across a few bottles that have been back in the garage since then. I'm
> taking bets - what's the chance it's any good?
>
> Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Really good corks only last 20 years so... It shouldn't kill you but
if it smells bad it is bad.

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jul 31, 4:21 pm, "Mail Man Bob" > wrote:
> I made some grape wine back in 1980 and packed it away. Now I just ran
> across a few bottles that have been back in the garage since then. I'm
> taking bets - what's the chance it's any good?
>
> Bob

Okay, enough already...., its time to tell us the results...!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

He's dead!

Oh, my! I'm dumping my old wine! ! ! ! ! ahhhh!

smile. DAve

snpm wrote:
> On Jul 31, 4:21 pm, "Mail Man Bob" > wrote:
>> I made some grape wine back in 1980 and packed it away. Now I just ran
>> across a few bottles that have been back in the garage since then. I'm
>> taking bets - what's the chance it's any good?
>>
>> Bob

> Okay, enough already...., its time to tell us the results...!

concord grape jam hurrah songbird Preserving 11 17-09-2010 12:50 PM
New To Wine Making - Concord Grape Wine - At End of PrimaryFermentation Shalom Shachne Winemaking 4 08-10-2009 04:43 AM
Concord grape SG Rick Winemaking 2 12-09-2006 03:44 AM
Concord Grape disease? Chris Smolinski Winemaking 8 16-07-2005 12:11 PM
REC & Q: Concord Grape Cake Scott Baking 1 15-09-2004 05:35 PM