Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default exploding wine bottles! OH NOES!!!!!

yesterday i gave out some of my homemade wine to some friends during a
party.

please tell your freinds not to STORE THE WINE IN THE FRONT SEAT OF
THEIR CAR ON A SUNNY DAY!!!!!

only lost a fingerfull but, was quite a shock. even had a shrinkwrap
cap on it!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I hate it when friends abuse my wine. I have given bottles to friends and
then years latter when I am over for a visit they will get it out from where
they stored it standing up in a cabinet over the stove and, of course the
cork is so dry that it cannot be extracted, the wine is a none descript
brown, and there is all sorts of nasty sedement in the bottom. It embarases
both of us.

Ray

"Tater" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> yesterday i gave out some of my homemade wine to some friends during a
> party.
>
> please tell your freinds not to STORE THE WINE IN THE FRONT SEAT OF
> THEIR CAR ON A SUNNY DAY!!!!!
>
> only lost a fingerfull but, was quite a shock. even had a shrinkwrap
> cap on it!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jun 12, 8:42 am, "Ray Calvert" > wrote:
> I hate it when friends abuse my wine.

I gave my sister a case of wine for her wedding- a bottle for her
first anniversary, etc.

She lost it.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Yeah, homemade wine bottles can pop...been there, cleaned up the mess, and
then started sorbated everything. Having said that, it is important to note
that I do not like really dry wine, so I usually sweeten my wine - which
means one needs to make sure they don't explode. Glad to hear everyone is
okay.
Darlene

"Tater" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> yesterday i gave out some of my homemade wine to some friends during a
> party.
>
> please tell your freinds not to STORE THE WINE IN THE FRONT SEAT OF
> THEIR CAR ON A SUNNY DAY!!!!!
>
> only lost a fingerfull but, was quite a shock. even had a shrinkwrap
> cap on it!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

wineracks had written this in response to
http://www.drinksforum.com/winemakin...OES-11614-.htm
:

Dar V wrote:

I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have
here on
this post. I will be coming back to your forum for more soon, besdie that
I have
some kinda news for you now your Wine will gets better with age, and if
you want
to guarantee that your well fermented bottle of wine is kept at the right
temperature and is well protected, the right type of storage is essential
and here
is the link below I am providing. Have a look. Thank you
http://www.commercialwineracksforsal...en-wine-racks/

Delivered via http://www.drinksforum.com/
Beer and Wine Community
Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
rec.crafts.winemaking - 32592 messages and counting!

Using beer bottles for Individual serving bottles of wine Brad Winemaking 17 21-06-2006 04:06 AM
wine bottles [email protected] Winemaking 20 28-09-2005 01:13 AM
wine bottles Al Margita Winemaking 1 20-09-2005 10:48 PM
Old bottles of wine GARY DAVIES Wine 6 26-04-2004 05:22 PM