FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   vinegar making (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/116597-vinegar-making.html)

JimT 15-02-2007 02:29 PM

vinegar making

Hi all,

A post I just read inspired me to create a new group for anyone
interested in making vinegar. I recently become interested in the
subject but a lot of difficulty getting good info and was disappointed
not to find a suitable group.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/vinegar-making

All welcome,

Thanks

Jim

EnoNut 15-02-2007 05:13 PM

vinegar making

A friend of mine used a recycled barrel without proper sanitation and
now has ~60 gallons of Cab vinegar. I'll point him in that
direction.

JimT 16-02-2007 11:46 AM

vinegar making

On 15 Feb, 16:13, "EnoNut" > wrote:
> A friend of mine used a recycled barrel without proper sanitation and
> now has ~60 gallons of Cab vinegar. I'll point him in that
> direction.

Yeah, that reminds me of that maxim that goes something like 'if
you're going to make it make it on purpose.' : -)

I think there's a difference between bad wine and good vinegar. : -)

Jim

Joe Sallustio 16-02-2007 11:58 AM

vinegar making

> I think there's a difference between bad wine and good vinegar. : -)

There sure is, I make both. I'll drop into that forum once in a
while.

Joe

JimT 17-02-2007 07:29 PM

vinegar making

On 16 Feb, 10:58, "Joe Sallustio" > wrote:
> > I think there's a difference between bad wine and good vinegar. : -)

> There sure is, I make both. I'll drop into that forum once in a
> while.
>
> Joe

Great, hope to see you there. Sounds like you'll be a valuable
member.

Jim

[email protected] 19-02-2007 11:54 PM

vinegar making

Great!! I have been looking for something like this.

Making wine takes great technical skill

making vinegar is an art.