Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Calories

Is there a chart or something to find how many calories there are in
different wines?

Tks,
Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tom wrote:
> Is there a chart or something to find how many calories there are in
> different wines?
>
> Tks,
> Tom

Tom, Do a Google search on " wines calories" . The first hit will be a
chart which lists a coupla dozen types of wines.

Mike

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tom,
Yes, this is a good chart. And.... Pinot Noir is 93 calories. It wasn't
on the list.

DAve

Mike McGeough wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>> Is there a chart or something to find how many calories there are in
>> different wines?
>>
>> Tks,
>> Tom
>>

> Tom, Do a Google search on " wines calories" . The first hit will be a
> chart which lists a coupla dozen types of wines.
>
> Mike

> http://www.usenet.com

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
pp pp is offline

On Nov 17, 1:51 pm, Mike McGeough > wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> > Is there a chart or something to find how many calories there are in
> > different wines?

> > Tks,
> > TomTom, Do a Google search on " wines calories" . The first hit will be a

> chart which lists a coupla dozen types of wines.
>
> Mike

It would be more helpful if they gave a range instead of a "precise"
number. It's even mentioned on the site that alcohol significantly
affects the result, so a 15% Zin will be obviously different than 12%
Pinot Noir.

Pp

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Totally agree. But on the other hand, any calorie measure of raw fruit,
vegetable, etc. should be a range, but most calorie tables just show one
number - the average, I guess.

DAve

pp wrote:

> On Nov 17, 1:51 pm, Mike McGeough > wrote:
>> Tom wrote:
>>> Is there a chart or something to find how many calories there are in
>>> different wines?
>>> Tks,
>>> TomTom, Do a Google search on " wines calories" . The first hit will be a

>> chart which lists a coupla dozen types of wines.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

> It would be more helpful if they gave a range instead of a "precise"
> number. It's even mentioned on the site that alcohol significantly
> affects the result, so a 15% Zin will be obviously different than 12%
> Pinot Noir.
>
> Pp

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Also, calories are a very inexact measure of how food effects the body in
terms of weight gain if that is what you are thinking of. Afterall, a spoon
full of sawdus will have a lot of calories but they will go right through
the body and do virtually nothing to you as the body cannot burn those
calories unless you are a termite. In terms of alcohole, yes the body will
use the alcohol but not in the same way it uses sugar and some of the
alcohol will be blown off through the lungs which is by you stay away from
cops after a night of drinking.

Ray

"Dave Allison" > wrote in message
> Totally agree. But on the other hand, any calorie measure of raw fruit,
> vegetable, etc. should be a range, but most calorie tables just show one
> number - the average, I guess.
>
> DAve
>

> pp wrote:

>>> chart which lists a coupla dozen types of wines.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

>> It would be more helpful if they gave a range instead of a "precise"
>> number. It's even mentioned on the site that alcohol significantly
>> affects the result, so a 15% Zin will be obviously different than 12%
>> Pinot Noir.
>>
>> Pp

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Wow. Good to know. And I thought I stayed away from cops after a night
of drinking was the weaving in the lane. hee hee.

I agree with your calorie comment, though I never saw a calorie count
for sawdust. Guess I don't spend enough time Googling. smile.

DAve

Ray Calvert wrote:
> Also, calories are a very inexact measure of how food effects the body in
> terms of weight gain if that is what you are thinking of. Afterall, a spoon
> full of sawdus will have a lot of calories but they will go right through
> the body and do virtually nothing to you as the body cannot burn those
> calories unless you are a termite. In terms of alcohole, yes the body will
> use the alcohol but not in the same way it uses sugar and some of the
> alcohol will be blown off through the lungs which is by you stay away from
> cops after a night of drinking.
>
> Ray
>
> "Dave Allison" > wrote in message
>> Totally agree. But on the other hand, any calorie measure of raw fruit,
>> vegetable, etc. should be a range, but most calorie tables just show one
>> number - the average, I guess.
>>
>> DAve
>>

>> pp wrote:

>>> It would be more helpful if they gave a range instead of a "precise"
>>> number. It's even mentioned on the site that alcohol significantly
>>> affects the result, so a 15% Zin will be obviously different than 12%
>>> Pinot Noir.
>>>
>>> Pp

Sushi calories Jimbo Higgins Asian Cooking 1 18-04-2011 08:15 AM
Sushi calories Jimbo Higgins Diabetic 0 14-04-2011 05:26 PM
200 calories looks like this; 300 like this modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 7 31-12-2008 03:19 PM
Just How Many Calories, Then? NYC XYZ Vegan 51 17-11-2006 04:12 PM
Calories Andy Petro Preserving 9 14-08-2004 12:59 PM