FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   grapes trellis system (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/105712-grapes-trellis-system.html)

[email protected] 02-11-2006 08:49 PM

grapes trellis system

I want to know some knoldge about this subject

Ric[_3_] 02-11-2006 10:34 PM

grapes trellis system

There is so much to make fun of in this post that I don't know where to
start ..

jim 02-11-2006 10:50 PM

grapes trellis system

This is a pdf document I found that describes how to make one, I have no knowledge of it myself.
http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/domototrellis.pdf

Also, I don't mean to sound patronising, but many of the links found on google searching 'grape trellis system' look
quite promising. Here's a link to the search results:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...S earch&meta=

Good luck! I am sure when you have some specific questions, the group will be able to furnish you with some great
answers.

Jim

William Frazier 03-11-2006 02:55 AM

grapes trellis system

I suggest buying a copy of "From Vines to Wines" by Jeff Cox. This is an
excellent book that contains information about trellis systems.
Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA

oups.com...

Darwin Vander Stelt 15-11-2006 03:12 PM

grapes trellis system

"Sunlight into Wine" is the bible for trellis decisions. I got my copy from
Amazon , and I checked and it's still listed (but expensive). Trellis and
spacing decisions make a huge difference in grape quality and your ability
to manage mildew. It is especially worthwhile if you are putting the
vineyard on farm ground where you will likely have to deal with problems
from excess vigor. Even at $89 the book is a very good investment.