Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default 150-300 liter stainless steel wine container

Hi,

We are looking for new or used 150-300 liter stainless steel wine
container. So far we have been using 50 L glass bottles but enough of
the hassle...

Anyone knows where to find such?

We live in Israel, and piwine.com will not ship, so there goes our last
hope?

Thanks anybody!

Ran

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Milking supplies- some trash cans that are made as 'art', old chemical
processing equipment (Water mix tanks for salts, etc).

You could order some hydroformed SS and have local places weld it- look
for conical sections.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...ookie%5Ftest=1

Lastly, SS fermenters-

http://www.toledometalspinning.com/

Good luck-

Jason

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking for new or used 150-300 liter stainless steel wine
> container. So far we have been using 50 L glass bottles but enough of
> the hassle...
>
> Anyone knows where to find such?
>
> We live in Israel, and piwine.com will not ship, so there goes our last
> hope?
>
> Thanks anybody!
>
> Ran

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> > We live in Israel, and piwine.com will not ship, so there goes our last
> > hope?

Never give up. Ever. Here is a used supply house that may have what
you want or may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.cardinalequipment.com/Sta...SteelTanks.htm

I can't see buying this over here being cost effective though. I do
think you should try Italy, Spain and Algeria first or look for used
milk tanks in your local area as others have said. You probably have
some stainless steel scrapyards nearby that will have something you can
use at a fraction of the cost of importing a new one. I'm from
Pittsburgh, PA in the US and we have several scrapyards that specialize
in specialty metals where you can get things like this. (We do a lot
of food processing and chemical work here though.)

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Ever thing about 55 gallon food grade PVC drums??? A lot less
expensive and they seal well. I'm sure they have them in Israel. I love
them.

Bob