Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Diabetes and wine sweetness

New subject new header )

I was hoping to give a bottle of the batch of blackberry wine I'm making at
the moment, however he is a diet controlled type two diabetic.
He still drinks beer (both ale and lager) and wine (both commercial) and I'm
guessing that a few pints of lager contains more sugar than a few glasses of
a dry wine but I'm making a light sweet blackberry wine.

I presume that if it does go all the way to 0.090 it wouldn't contain much
in the way or residual sugar and that I could sweeten it to taste with an
artificial sweetener (nutrasweet or equivalent), but I was wondering if
anyone on here had experience of homemade wine and diabetes.

Thanks
Ceri )

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Rob Rob is offline

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'd like to add to it:
does alcohol have an effect on a diabetic?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Not quite sure about the effect of alcool on a diabetic, but I've seen it
more than once turn a hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) into a monster.

ps.com...