FoodBanter.com

-   -   WINE COOLING SYSTEM (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/96803-wine-cooling-system.html)

R C & M S 21-07-2006 04:54 PM

WINE COOLING SYSTEM

I am right now watch shopping channel and they are selling wine cooling
system so you can drink wine at proper temp...made by todd english...any
comments?

Mark Lipton[_1_] 21-07-2006 05:06 PM

WINE COOLING SYSTEM

R C & M S wrote:
> I am right now watch shopping channel and they are selling wine cooling
> system so you can drink wine at proper temp...made by todd english...any
> comments?

If you just want to cool a bottle to an appropriate serving temperature,
use an ice bucket or a fridge. The only reason I see to plunk down
serious bucks for a cooling unit is if you are cellaring wine for long
term storage.

Mark Lipton

Lawrence Leichtman[_1_] 21-07-2006 08:17 PM

WINE COOLING SYSTEM

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> R C & M S wrote:
> > I am right now watch shopping channel and they are selling wine cooling
> > system so you can drink wine at proper temp...made by todd english...any
> > comments?

> If you just want to cool a bottle to an appropriate serving temperature,
> use an ice bucket or a fridge. The only reason I see to plunk down
> serious bucks for a cooling unit is if you are cellaring wine for long
> term storage.
>
> Mark Lipton

Agree with Mark here an ice bucket or one of the clay jars that you get
wet and allow evaporative cooling is a better buy than this $120 gadget.