Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Penfolds Grange 1993 - Selling

Hi there,

I have a 750ml bottle of Penfolds Grange 1993 (BIN 95) bottled 1994. It's in
mint condition, given to me as a gift this week. Unfortunately I'm not a
wine drinker, so I would like to pass it on to someone who will enjoy it or
collect it.

I'm told that this bottle (in its wooden box) is worth around $450. I will
let it go to the highest offer over $300 ... so, if you are interested
please email me on with your offer and contact details.

I'm in Sydney, and the bottled can be picked up from my office in the City
or alternatively Express Post to you for another $20

Thanks
Richard

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Rick" wrote .........

> I have a 750ml bottle of Penfolds Grange 1993 (BIN 95) bottled 1994. It's
> in mint condition, given to me as a gift this week. Unfortunately I'm not
> a wine drinker, so I would like to pass it on to someone who will enjoy it
> or collect it.
>
> I'm told that this bottle (in its wooden box) is worth around $450.

Rick, Rick, Rick !!!!!!!

Along with the '97, the 1993 Grange was one of the most "ordinary" of the
years 1980 - 2000

Wine Searcher tells me that Winezy in Gladesville has this wine for $AU300;
Cellarit in Sydney has it for $AU325.

And these merchants offer a guarantee in respect to provenance - so I do
believe that your aspirations are a little on the high side.

If you were to sell a single bottle at auction, you may realise $AU200.

But, if you are serious in wanting to "pass it on" I am flying into Sydney
in three weeks - and you should feel comforted in knowing that it will be
going into a loving environment in a very good NZ home.

Elsewise, find a really good, wine loving friend, and give it away - you
won't have the $200 - but you will cement a friendship for life !!!!!

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks for the info on the 1993 Grange. Someone has already offered me $200
but I thought I could get at least $300.

If noby fronts up this week, then I may end up selling it for around the
$200.

I may save you the trip and bring to you in NZ. I'm flying to Auckland next
Sunday. I'll only will be there for 2 days.

Rgds

Richard

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> "Rick" wrote .........
>>
>> I have a 750ml bottle of Penfolds Grange 1993 (BIN 95) bottled 1994. It's
>> in mint condition, given to me as a gift this week. Unfortunately I'm not
>> a wine drinker, so I would like to pass it on to someone who will enjoy
>> it or collect it.
>>
>> I'm told that this bottle (in its wooden box) is worth around $450.

> Rick, Rick, Rick !!!!!!!
>
> Along with the '97, the 1993 Grange was one of the most "ordinary" of the
> years 1980 - 2000
>
> Wine Searcher tells me that Winezy in Gladesville has this wine for
> $AU300; Cellarit in Sydney has it for $AU325.
>
> And these merchants offer a guarantee in respect to provenance - so I do
> believe that your aspirations are a little on the high side.
>
> If you were to sell a single bottle at auction, you may realise $AU200.
>
> But, if you are serious in wanting to "pass it on" I am flying into Sydney
> in three weeks - and you should feel comforted in knowing that it will
> be going into a loving environment in a very good NZ home.
>
> Elsewise, find a really good, wine loving friend, and give it away - you
> won't have the $200 - but you will cement a friendship for life !!!!!
>
> --
>
> st.helier

2007 Penfolds Grange st.helier[_3_] Wine 2 10-05-2012 05:56 PM
Grange David W Wine 18 29-01-2007 11:08 PM
Penfolds Grange 1991 Alex Hayne Wine 3 07-01-2005 04:44 AM
Penfolds Grange 98 sephiroth Wine 9 30-03-2004 11:14 PM
Penfolds Grange Michael Bartlett Wine 3 04-11-2003 08:34 PM