Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Visiting SF Bay area

Looking for recommendations for small wineries in the Sonoma, Napa, and
Montery area. My taste is for bold Zin's, Cab's, and well made Pinot's.
Would like to visit the off the beaten path (NO large tour buses) type
wineries. Any suggestions?
Paul

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Paul Parker" > wrote in message
> Looking for recommendations for small wineries in the Sonoma, Napa, and
> Montery area. My taste is for bold Zin's, Cab's, and well made Pinot's.
> Would like to visit the off the beaten path (NO large tour buses) type
> wineries. Any suggestions?
> Paul

I enjoyed Gundlach-Bundschu during my trip a few years ago.

Posted to alt.food.wine

For those "well made Pinot's" -

Visit David Bruce (Santa Cruz mountains) while on your way down to
Monterey.

www.davidbrucewinery.com

Paul Parker wrote:
> Looking for recommendations for small wineries in the Sonoma, Napa, and
> Montery area. My taste is for bold Zin's, Cab's, and well made Pinot's.
> Would like to visit the off the beaten path (NO large tour buses) type
> wineries. Any suggestions?
> Paul

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article <5Ojmg.13541$nS5.5953@trnddc07>,
"Paul Parker" > wrote:

> Looking for recommendations for small wineries in the Sonoma, Napa, and
> Montery area. My taste is for bold Zin's, Cab's, and well made Pinot's.
> Would like to visit the off the beaten path (NO large tour buses) type
> wineries. Any suggestions?
> Paul

I like many in Sonoma and most are off the beaten path. Rafanelli and
Teldeschi have interesting Zins as does Rosenblum and Ravenswood. I
would still go to Ferrari Carrano as they have a beautiful tasting room
and usually some interesting winery only wines. Just going down some of
the smaller roads in Sonoma you can find interesting wineries you have
never heard of that have some really good wines. Also Gan Eden. I don't
find that much anymore in Napa because the cost is so much higher for
land and most of the operations are large. If you can get some private
tastings in Napa like Schramsburg sparkling wines, Nickel and Nickel,
Quintessa, and Plumpjack. These you need to call ahead or get a hotel in
the area to book for you.I always like to go to Clos Pegas for the
winery, the wines are fair. I never miss Prager Port Works in St Helena.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Rosenblum Cellars in Alameda is a nice ferry ride across the Bay
from San Francisco, and they really define BOLD zins.

Visiting SF Dimitri General Cooking 6 02-11-2010 12:34 AM
Visiting Korea Joel Dietz Tea 0 06-03-2008 06:43 AM
Visiting Coonawarra Matthew Crosby Wine 9 27-03-2006 08:42 PM
Visiting Bordeaux Mister B General 0 10-06-2005 12:59 AM
Visiting Thailand Lawrence Asian Cooking 3 15-06-2004 03:47 PM