Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Who is really cheering the sale of Erath?

> As I
> suggested earlier, you might find some more suitable NG's. Just pull
> up your ISP's list of groups and do a search on words like "erotica"
> or "bigotry", just to name a couple. Happy hunting!

ISP-hosted newsgroups are so 1985. Welcome to 2006.

I did conduct a basic search earlier, but unfortunately you seem to
have subscribed to all of them. I was talking about *quality* lists,
not ones full of trolls.

> I guess what threw me was that the context seemed to suggest that the
> term was something that was unmitigatingly bad. "Detritus" certainly
> falls into that category. But BC can be either good or bad, depending
> on where, when, and how it occurs. Sorry, your feeble attempt to
> construct a play on words fell flat with me. Maybe some of the other
> windbags (your term, not mine) in this group may have picked it up,
> but it went right by me.

That's a very windy way of saying, "I didn't get it".

David

p.s. how long until you subscribe here under a third email address?

Posted to alt.food.wine

David Anderson" wrote ..........

> ...... as that person is likely disrupting my thread anyway...

My thread is it Mr. Anderson - MY THREAD !

Arrogance - thy name is Anderson !

> Speaking of change, there are lot of new wineries here actively trying
> to break down the cultural barriers and snobbishness traditionally
> associated with wine.

If that is the case, why are you making such a big deal about an
insignificant outfit like Erath being taken over anyhow?

> Much of the time, it simply boils down to the fact that some wineries
> are poor marketers, and are much better at growing grapes than selling
> them.

Um David, wineries are buildings; viticulturalists grow grapes - so that
winemakers can make wine.

Wineries do not grow grapes - unless you have some really clever and mobile
wineries in Oregon.

> It is a problem found throughout the global wine industry, and
> was blindingly apparent to us years ago, and is in part why we built
> our site to begin with.

And isn't the global wine industry so grateful that you did!

Perhaps you could list your credentials that you can analyse the global wine
industry with such authority.

So far YOUR thread has run to 80 odd posts (with you making nearly
alf!!! - I suppose because it is YOUR thread!!!!!)

And I have seen nothing whatsoever which indicates that your interest and or
experience gives any indication that you are a global authority.

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

> st.helier wrote:
> My thread is it Mr. Anderson - MY THREAD !

So much for your lovely kill-file. Guess that was just another idle
threat too, eh?

David

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 2 Jul 2006 23:03:24 -0700, "David Anderson"
> wrote:

>> As I
>> suggested earlier, you might find some more suitable NG's. Just pull
>> up your ISP's list of groups and do a search on words like "erotica"
>> or "bigotry", just to name a couple. Happy hunting!

>ISP-hosted newsgroups are so 1985. Welcome to 2006.

You lost me on this one. I'm not a computer whiz and have no desire to
become one. All I know is that I download a list of NG's from my ISP's
news server and then select the ones I want to subscribe to. If
there's a better way to do things, I'm willing to listen, but I'm
pretty satisfied with how I do things now.

>I did conduct a basic search earlier, but unfortunately you seem to
>have subscribed to all of them. I was talking about *quality* lists,
>not ones full of trolls.

Again, you lost me. I know next to nothing about the nitty-gritty of
NG's, particularly the ways in which they can be manipulated,
searched, mined, etc. Nor do have any desire to educate myself on such
a topic. I AM amused that you seemed to have spent a fair amount of
time investigating me. Have you found out anything about me that I
have not already made known in this thread?

>> I guess what threw me was that the context seemed to suggest that the
>> term was something that was unmitigatingly bad. "Detritus" certainly
>> falls into that category. But BC can be either good or bad, depending
>> on where, when, and how it occurs. Sorry, your feeble attempt to
>> construct a play on words fell flat with me. Maybe some of the other
>> windbags (your term, not mine) in this group may have picked it up,
>> but it went right by me.

>That's a very windy way of saying, "I didn't get it".

OK. Point conceded. I didn't get it.

>David
>
>p.s. how long until you subscribe here under a third email address?

Maybe when I get a third computer (not likely anytime soon) and manage
to keep straight which one I'm using for which purpose at any given
time.

At this point, this discussion has gotten so far OT that, out of
respect for the other windbags (again, your term, not mine) here, I'm
going to take leave of this thread.

Cole
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike, that is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> David Anderson wrote:
>>>st.helier wrote:
>>>My thread is it Mr. Anderson - MY THREAD !

>> So much for your lovely kill-file. Guess that was just another idle
>> threat too, eh?

> Suddenly I find myself missing Scarpitti...
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Rap Instrumentals For Sale: Making Bars and Rap Beats for Sale napier.nelda Recipes 0 04-02-2012 11:07 AM
For sale? Clit Cutter General Cooking 2 22-08-2009 08:33 AM
Pit for sale Moe Jones Barbecue 0 20-08-2007 08:05 PM
Bake Sale now a 'bought" sale sharoncapps General Cooking 14 03-11-2004 04:58 AM
Bake sale now a "bought" sale Franfogel General Cooking 79 01-11-2004 11:37 AM