Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1990 Lafite

This is a bottle that floated through the house for 10 years. Hot summers
80+ and winters at -10. So, no good cellaring, Can I expect anything great?
Plan to drink it this weekend,

Rich

Posted to alt.food.wine

Rich Ryan wrote:
> This is a bottle that floated through the house for 10 years. Hot summers
> 80+ and winters at -10. So, no good cellaring, Can I expect anything great?
> Plan to drink it this weekend,
>
> Rich

Well, it probably won't be as good as it could have been, but robust red
wines like it are somewhat less prone to overt heat damage in my
experience. So why not give it a shot?

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Winters at -10? You do have heat in the house, yes?

I'd open it with subdued expectations. Lafite doesn't have the best
reputation of the 1990 firsts, but I thought it pretty good (and very
young) when I had a couple years ago. As Mark said, big tannin wines
probably stand a little abuse better than others. I doubt it's
pristine,but assuming it never got hot enough to compromise cork (no
sign of seepage?) I'd expect it to be quite drinkable.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Rich Ryan wrote

> This is a bottle that floated through the house for 10 years. Hot
> summers 80+ and winters at -10. So, no good cellaring, Can I expect
> anything great? Plan to drink it this weekend,

LOL, I found a fahrenheit to celsius converter and it says that -10°F
is -26°C.
I'd move to cocktails
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

The wine is almost certainly ruined. I think you should give it to me
for disposal.

1970 Lafite 3L Bi!! Wine 5 29-11-2011 07:56 AM
Lafite Monteil Ian B Wine 4 27-11-2006 08:56 PM
Lafite-Rothschild 1961 [email protected] Wine 0 26-12-2005 02:57 AM
TN Ch. Lafite-Rothschild 1966 [email protected] Wine 0 14-11-2005 04:37 AM
Ch. Lafite 1970 - 1990 Bill S. Wine 2 28-09-2005 02:02 AM