FoodBanter.com

-   -   Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/90847-frogs-leap-sauvignon-blanc.html)

TB 08-05-2006 10:41 AM

Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc

Hi folks,

Had, over the weekend,

Frog's Leap 2002 Sauvignon Blanc
Rutherford Napa Valley

- Lucid, clear-to-brilliant, pale greenish yellow
- A fresh bouquet of minerals, flowers, lemon, anise and a slight tinge
of gooseberry. There was a whiff of maderization but not too much.
- Lovely mouthfeel, taste of limes, lemons
- Reasonable length: anise, minerals
- All in all a good, complex and yet accessible wine, which went very
well as an aperitif as well as with salad and steamed trout

I got this bottle as a gift from an American friend and was very happy
with it. Are the Frog's Leap people good winemakers, or is Rutherford a
good location, or is it I being easy-to-please?

Cheers

sibeer 08-05-2006 04:58 PM

Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc

Yes and yes