Posted to alt.food.wine
PP PP is offline

Default Two new reds

I've tried 2 new reds for me and was wondering if anyone has tried them and
their thoughts.
The first was Joseph Pheleps - Pastiche, it is a Rhone style, very fruity
and long finish. This was served with my baby back ribs that I create a dry
rub and slowly grill until the meat is loose on the bone then mop them with
a homemade glaze made with red currant jelly, ketchup, and my blend of
spices and Tiger Sauce. Perfect match....the BBQ did not over power the
wine, great match.
The second was Briddlewood Vineyards, St Ynez, CA - Syrah at my favorite
little bistro in Tampa. A well made wine in the French style with it's own
character. Was servered with A rare blackened tuna steak on a bed of mango
salsa and a light clam sauce on top....the tune paired well.

--
Paul Parker

Posted to alt.food.wine

What place in Tampa?

"PP" > wrote in message news:KKA%f.11906$Q92.8918@trnddc04...
> I've tried 2 new reds for me and was wondering if anyone has tried them
> and their thoughts.
> The first was Joseph Pheleps - Pastiche, it is a Rhone style, very fruity
> and long finish. This was served with my baby back ribs that I create a
> dry rub and slowly grill until the meat is loose on the bone then mop them
> with a homemade glaze made with red currant jelly, ketchup, and my blend
> of spices and Tiger Sauce. Perfect match....the BBQ did not over power
> the wine, great match.
> The second was Briddlewood Vineyards, St Ynez, CA - Syrah at my favorite
> little bistro in Tampa. A well made wine in the French style with it's
> own character. Was servered with A rare blackened tuna steak on a bed of
> mango salsa and a light clam sauce on top....the tune paired well.
>

> --
> Paul Parker

Posted to alt.food.wine
PP PP is offline

Circles in New Tampa, great Bistro, on Bruce B. Downs BLvd near Pebble Creek
CC.

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> What place in Tampa?
>
> "PP" > wrote in message
>> I've tried 2 new reds for me and was wondering if anyone has tried them
>> and their thoughts.
>> The first was Joseph Pheleps - Pastiche, it is a Rhone style, very
>> fruity and long finish. This was served with my baby back ribs that I
>> create a dry rub and slowly grill until the meat is loose on the bone
>> then mop them with a homemade glaze made with red currant jelly, ketchup,
>> and my blend of spices and Tiger Sauce. Perfect match....the BBQ did not
>> over power the wine, great match.
>> The second was Briddlewood Vineyards, St Ynez, CA - Syrah at my favorite
>> little bistro in Tampa. A well made wine in the French style with it's
>> own character. Was servered with A rare blackened tuna steak on a bed of
>> mango salsa and a light clam sauce on top....the tune paired well.
>>

>> --
>> Paul Parker

Posted to alt.food.wine

Their menu, contact information and phone number are posted here -
http://www.newtampadirectory.com/bus...aspx?busid=208

3 California Reds from The '90's Bi!! Wine 0 02-12-2010 08:38 PM
Big Reds [email protected] Wine 0 12-10-2009 09:03 AM
China reds vs Indian reds color Melinda Tea 9 05-09-2007 05:59 PM
TN: Reasonable Reds Dan The Man Wine 0 18-02-2006 09:48 PM
Two reds in PA Ewan McNay Wine 0 13-07-2004 05:30 PM