Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chteau Kirwan 1986 Margaux

This bottle has fallen into my possession. I have no clue as to its
provenance. The seal seems all right, no leakage and no apparent sign of
sediment.If it has been stored properly all these years or not, given what
little I know, what are the odds that it is still drinkable. Was it
something that would have cellared well?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Why not just drink it and find out.

"BsAsWino" > wrote in message
.. .
> This bottle has fallen into my possession. I have no clue as to its
> provenance. The seal seems all right, no leakage and no apparent sign of
> sediment.If it has been stored properly all these years or not, given what
> little I know, what are the odds that it is still drinkable. Was it
> something that would have cellared well?

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks for the comments. Now I'm more encouraged to open it, although I'll
certainly decant it first to check for any sediment I've not noticed by
holding the bottle to a lamp. Sorry to be so "green", but I've very little
experience with French wines, let alone vintages that are older than some
of the French women I used to date when I was in college (quite some time
ago). I'm more of a New World wine drinker, esp. those originating in
Mendoza, San Juan and Cafayette.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Hunt" wrote.....................

> Don't expect the fruit-forward, but rather like an onion

Myth, Myth, Myth

Only Italians make wine out of onions - perfect to accompany garlic
biscotti.

--

ItalianStallion

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >, says...

>Uranium Cranium wrote:
>> "Hunt" wrote.....................
>>
>>>Don't expect the fruit-forward, but rather like an onion

>> Myth, Myth, Myth
>>
>> Only Italians make wine out of onions - perfect to accompany garlic
>> biscotti.

>Scar-pity gets cloned into... the italian scallion!
>
>LOL
>

>--
>Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
>email link
http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

"The Italian Scallion!" Whew, Mike, glad I didn't have a mouthful of morning
coffee, as I'd be drying off the laptop right now. Good one.

Hunt

TN Chateau Margaux 1959 cwdjrxyz Wine 9 30-12-2008 10:28 PM
1989 Chateau Margaux Bi!! Wine 2 13-08-2007 06:45 PM
Chateau Patris 1986 Grand Cru Ian Hoare Wine 1 13-06-2005 05:22 PM
1970 Chateau Margaux Dr. Dog General 9 30-12-2004 08:37 AM