Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Damn Parker to hell! (Was Modified Davis 20 point system)

There you ago again. Just spouting off some one else's thoughts with
nothing to back them up. No specifics, just very general statements and
innuendo.

Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

JEP62 wrote:
> There you ago again. Just spouting off some one else's thoughts with
> nothing to back them up. No specifics, just very general statements and
> innuendo.

Are you Parker's lover or something?

> Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

I've never met the guy. I've never even subscribed to the guy's
newsletter. I just don't like it when you spout off as fact something
that is beyond your knowledge and then refuse to back it up with
anything that remotely resembles fact. You just parrot what someone
else says and complain about what other people do while doing the same
thing yourself. It's hypocritical, bigoted, and juvenile and shows
exactly how little you know and how worthless your opinions are.

Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

JEP62 wrote:
> I've never met the guy. I've never even subscribed to the guy's
> newsletter. I just don't like it when you spout off as fact something
> that is beyond your knowledge and then refuse to back it up with
> anything that remotely resembles fact. You just parrot what someone
> else says and complain about what other people do while doing the same
> thing yourself. It's hypocritical, bigoted, and juvenile and shows
> exactly how little you know and how worthless your opinions are.

Well, thank you for confirming my suspicions. You're just another
('fill in the blank') American.

I was in a wine shop Saturday, when in walks an older lady (very pale)
probably about late 50s or so. Very haughty air about her, I might add.
Told the prop that she was looking for a case of Charles Krug
'Cabernet'. He responded by saying that they made several: 'Which one
d'ya want'? 'I don't have a case of that.' 'I'll have to order it.'

http://www.charleskrug.com/index.cfm...on/wines.main/

She also declaimed that she wanted a sparkling white--to have with
salmon.

I found this whole scene hysterical.....

I think I'll have a bubbling red...with raw eggs....!

> Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

JEP62 wrote:
> I've never met the guy. I've never even subscribed to the guy's
> newsletter. I just don't like it when you spout off as fact something
> that is beyond your knowledge and then refuse to back it up with
> anything that remotely resembles fact. You just parrot what someone
> else says and complain about what other people do while doing the same
> thing yourself. It's hypocritical, bigoted, and juvenile and shows
> exactly how little you know and how worthless your opinions are.

The amount of absolute puffery that surrounds wine is unbelievable.
It's just wine!

I find trips to the wine shop a constant source of amusement and
hilarity.

How absolutely vain so many people are, what with the points and the
posturing. Just drink the (Italian, of course) wine with some nice food
(Italian, of course) and enjoy life (the way Italians, of course, do).

> Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

wrote:
> Primitivo?

Zinfandel and Primitivo are the same grape I believe. It doesn't seem
like Primitivo winesin Europe is anywheres near as popular as the
California Zinfandel wines.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Modified Davis 20 point system

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Maybe you have not heras the news, but the South is making some
> spectacular wines!
>
> Much of what you dismiss has been sent north for decades to fill out
> that 'Tuscan' or 'Veneto' wine.
>
> st.helier wrote:
>> "Michael Scarpitti" wrote ..........

>> > Then the loss is yours. Puglia, Sardinia, and Sicily have upgraded
>> > significantly in the past 20 years.
>> >

>> That may well be the case, however, what arrives on these shores from
>> Sicily
>> or Puglia is (with one or two exceptions) quaffable cheap rubbish not to
>> my
>> liking.

> If you want names, I'll give you names! Or you may want to look in the
> Gambero Rosso books for suggestions.
>
>> And why should I? There is a whole world of wine, waiting for me!

> Yeah, but it certainly isn't worth getting excited about......at all.
>
>> And "good value" well made Italian wines *are* on that list - but not to
>> the exclusion of anything else.
>>
>> I am a great fan of Amarone (Speri 'Monte Sant Urbano' or Masi Costasera
>> Amarone) and Masi's Campofiorin.

> Have you tried Patriglione? It has much of the character of an Amarone
> (made from Negroamaro grapes, you see.....)
>
>> My favourite Tuscan is currently Villa Cafaggio Chianti Riserva 2001.

> In general I find Tuscan wines over-rated. I'm not as fond of
> Sangiovese as most Italian wine drinkers. I prefer the nothern or
> southern grapes. (Barbera, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, Aglianico, Negroamarao,
> Primitivo, Carignano, etc....)
>
>> You once asked if had tried Grignolino - well I have done better - I
>> tried a
>> couple in 1989 at the regional enoteca in Vignale Monferrato - maybe I
>> was
>> offered poorer versions, but I was left decidedly underwhelmed.

> Was it Giacosa?
>
>> My point is Michael, that I am not blinkered - I am broad minded enough
>> seek the best in *all* things.
>>
>> You on the other hand will never experience the delights that 82% of the
>> worlds winemaking experience offers.

> Mostly ****...

Michael, sei un coglione.

Marcello