Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Free Book on Spanish Wines

I have no $$ interest in this book or this organization. I just think
the book is really good and free.

Wines From Spain-Far From Ordinary Wine Guide, 2005-2006, Doug Frost,
Wines From Spain Trade Commission, New York, 119 pages, softback, free.
Such a deal: a wonderful little book on the wines of Spain written by
Doug Frost, one of only three persons in the world to have earned both
an MW and an MS degree. And it's free! You can request a copy from
Wines of Spain at http://www.lpmacadams.com/spanwine.htm. The only
drawback, sometimes they take weeks to ship the book, but it's worth
the wait. The book is divided into seven major chapters covering the
primary wine producing areas in Spain. Frost begins each chapter with a
short and often witty description of the area and its wines. I think
Frost has a wonderful sense of humor that comes through and a clever
way with words that makes so many difficult concepts easy and
understandable. This text is followed by Frost's detailed tastings
notes on specific wines from the major producers in each area. The
reviews are all positive, to varying degrees, but what do you expect
from an agency whose goal is to promote Spanish wines in this country?
Most of the wines are still available at retail. If one wine really
catches your fancy, the book gives the name of the US importer. This is
an invaluable tool if you are trying to track down a particular bottle.
There are also sections on the primary grapes grown in Spain and even a
section on Spanish cheeses. It contains a wealth of information and
it's free. It doesn't get any better than this. (And yes, the book
does have an index!) Very highly recommended.

Posted to alt.food.wine

bfson wrote:
> I have no $$ interest in this book or this organization. I just think
> the book is really good and free.

Bob,
Thanks for the heads-up. It does sound like a great deal, and any
information US consumers can get on Spanish wines is greatly appreciated.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

And it's so nice to have a book that mentions specific wines that are
still available. Far too often there is such a time gap between the
writing and the publishing that the wines are no longer around.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"bfson" > wrote in news:1139628948.184085.74880
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> And it's so nice to have a book that mentions specific wines that are
> still available. Far too often there is such a time gap between the
> writing and the publishing that the wines are no longer around.

Is there an electronic version of this book? Being a Spaniard, I would like
to know which wines and zones are covered by the book.

Best,

S.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In message >
Santiago > wrote:

> "bfson" > wrote in news:1139628948.184085.74880
> @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> And it's so nice to have a book that mentions specific wines that are
>> still available. Far too often there is such a time gap between the
>> writing and the publishing that the wines are no longer around.
>>

> Is there an electronic version of this book? Being a Spaniard, I would like
> to know which wines and zones are covered by the book.
>
> Best,
>
> S.

I know that Julian Jeffs has finished writing a new edition of his
book on Spain's wines which will be published later this year and
understand that it will cover quite lot of new ground.

Tim Hartley

Posted to alt.food.wine

I know of no electronic version, only the printed book

Has anyone tasted these Spanish wines? cwdjrxyz Wine 7 12-12-2008 01:34 PM
WTN: 3 French wines, 1 Spanish DaleW Wine 5 29-11-2007 01:59 AM
Spanish Wines Kamakazee Wine 11 26-09-2007 08:55 PM
TN: Spanish wines in Scarsdale DaleW Wine 13 19-07-2006 09:40 AM
Heady Spanish Wines mary Wine 5 13-12-2004 08:03 PM