Posted to alt.food.wine

Default RIP Denis Mortet

I recieved an e-mail today from a wine buyer in France informing me
that brilliant Burgundian winemaker Denis Mortet died on Jan 31, 2006
of a self inflicted gunshot wound. I have been unable to confirm this
from any other source. Can anyone verify this tragic news?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 1 Feb 2006 05:09:14 -0800
"Bi!!" > wrote:

> I recieved an e-mail today from a wine buyer in France informing me
> that brilliant Burgundian winemaker Denis Mortet died on Jan 31, 2006
> of a self inflicted gunshot wound. I have been unable to confirm this
> from any other source. Can anyone verify this tragic news?

Bill,

Translated from the blog of Hervé Bizeul, http://closdesfees.aquaray.com/dotclear/

"I can't find other words to express my emotions after the death
of Denis Mortet, who yesterday morning committed suicide in his
cellar."

I'm sorry to have to offer what appears a confirmation of this
sad news. The date of the document is 31 jan.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in news:1138799354.920396.5590
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I recieved an e-mail today from a wine buyer in France informing me
> that brilliant Burgundian winemaker Denis Mortet died on Jan 31, 2006
> of a self inflicted gunshot wound. I have been unable to confirm this
> from any other source. Can anyone verify this tragic news?

See http://tinyurl.com/df77h for an article. It doesn't say anything that
has not been said here.

Fred.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Fred" in news:eH6Ef.17216$JT.13717@fed1read06:

> See http://tinyurl.com/df77h for an article. It doesn't say anything that
> has not been said here.

That's Wine Spectator online. Here is the local article in Burgundy:

http://www.bienpublic.com/region/200...0126.html?0831

The tragedy has been the talk of wine circles online for the last couple of
days.