Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter

Default corkage on Celebrity BAD NEWS

I just called and found that they are indeed changing their policies from
may not bring alcohol except wine to no alcohol at all. I will talk to my
rep on Monday to inquire about this horrendous infringement upon the wine
lovers of the world.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg

There's a guy named Scooter, supposed to be a good lawyer but out of work,
who I'm sure will represent you.

I have my own rule for venues that won't allow BYO---If I don't see anything
I want to drink on the wine list under $30 a bottle or $7 a glass, I'll have
a beer instead.

When a Restaurant lets you BYO, I make it a plus for the restaurant; I
always order a wine from the wine list and don't bring with me a wine
readily available. If there is corkage, ok and I try to tip the waiter who
pours the wine I've brought, a tip based on the probable cost of what came
with me.

As a person in the travel biz, I'd demand you get a free sampling of the
wines they feature on the cruise, and if they suck, buy something good at
the next port, I think if you make effort to drink their swill, they'll look
the other way when you re-board. with your wine gem.
"Joseph Coulter" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> I just called and found that they are indeed changing their policies from
> may not bring alcohol except wine to no alcohol at all. I will talk to my
> rep on Monday to inquire about this horrendous infringement upon the wine
> lovers of the world.
>
> --
> Joseph Coulter
> Cruises and Vacations
> http://www.josephcoulter.com/

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Joseph Coulter" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
>I just called and found that they are indeed changing their policies from
> may not bring alcohol except wine to no alcohol at all.

Well doesn't that _suck_!?

I had thought that Celebrity was the top of the line as far as cruise
carriers goes. Maybe I'll stick with Princess and Carnival.

I just returned from a cruise on Princess, and we had no problem bringing
aboard a couple of _cases_ of wine, including a bottle each of 1970 Latour
and Mouton - both of which were very nice, although pretty nearly at the end
of plateau - particularly the Mouton.

We did buy a few bottles from the wine list at dinners, but the CB
Chardonnay (interspersed with tequila shots and cerveza) carried us quite a
ways during the week.

A fun time was had by all (except for the night Steve got seasick - although
it might have been the chicken enchiladas he had [that no one else shared]).

I had brought a magnum of 1987 CB Rutherford Cabernet that we were going to
open on our last evening at sea, but failed to do so for lack of a quorum.
I ended up bringing it back home, unopened, after a 2000 mile sea voyage.
I'm sure glad that US Customs didn't try to impound it! I would have been
compelled to open it on the spot and try to drink as much of it as I
could... ;^)

Tom S
www.chateauburbank.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

Just checked with Celebrity. They no longer allow any alcohol to be
brought on board. Our Princess Cruise 2 weeks ago did not allow alcohol
to be brought on at all.

Corkage Fees Earle Jones Wine 21 04-06-2011 02:30 PM
another celebrity goes Scientology [email protected] General Cooking 16 04-07-2010 01:46 PM
Celebrity Restaurants Goomba38 General Cooking 64 01-10-2006 07:16 AM
Corkage Fee Earle Jones Wine 4 09-07-2004 10:21 AM