FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Mas de Mortiès 1998 (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/79711-tn-mas-de-morti.html)

Mark Lipton 24-01-2006 05:38 AM

TN: Mas de Mortiès 1998

With a dinner of grilled ribeye steaks:

1998 Mas de Mortiès Pic St. Loup
c: dark garnet with no browning
n: berries and grapes, deeply fruity, developing some minerality later
p: medium-full body, still some rough tannins, blueberries, chocolate,
minerals, long finish

I was served this wine blind, and guessed a Languedoc from 2000-'01.
This wine is still quite youthful. The remaining tannins worked quite
well with the steaks and the fruitiness was never cloying, owing to just
enough acidity. Overall, a nice bottle, in the more fruit-bomb vein.

Mark Lipton

Vilco 24-01-2006 10:23 AM

Mas de Mortiès 1998

Mi e' parso che Mark Lipton abbia scritto:

> 1998 Mas de Mortiès Pic St. Loup
> c: dark garnet with no browning
> n: berries and grapes, deeply fruity, developing some
> minerality later p: medium-full body, still some rough
> tannins, blueberries, chocolate, minerals, long finish

That has been one of my favourite wines when I went to
Montpellier two years ago: my friends, who are not that much
interested in wine, all remained pleasantly surprised.
The suggestion of this producer came from old Mike
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Vilco 25-01-2006 09:03 AM

Mas de Mortiès 1998

Mi e' parso che Mike Tommasi abbia scritto:

>>> 1998 Mas de Mortiès Pic St. Loup

>> The suggestion of this producer came from old Mike

> Cask aged would suit me better... ;-)

I missed a "good" in that post ;)
--
Vilco