Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default [tn] Old Burgs never die ...

Comte de Chartogne 1978 Bourgogne Blanc, Jaboulet Vercherre
[c] Dangerously close to amber
[n] A slight sheery note immediately after opening, which disappears. Then,
walnuts and honey
[p] Attack of sweetness which is all about maturity, Quite strong acidity.
More walnuts, old winter apples, good persistance. The wine does not die in
the glass; the last we drink a good two hours after opening and decanting
the wine.
Overall impression: This may be the last fling before the winter, in case
you have any bottles, I think you should drink them now We have (auction)
two more bottles and they will not live to see the summer.
The acidity is to me suspicious - acidification?
Disclaimer: I disassociate myself completely from the political views of the
producer, while maintaining his inalienable rights to express same. Sorry
about that. I shouldn´t bring politics into the group but the francophones
present may know about the adherence of Jaboulet Vercherre.

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

TN: Mostly Burgs DaleW Wine 0 18-12-2012 03:44 AM
Burgs and Bordeaux ugh. Bi!! Wine 2 31-10-2012 07:10 PM
TN: Burgs and a Rioja DaleW Wine 0 10-04-2011 01:40 AM
TN: Some '88 Burgs Mark Lipton Wine 2 26-09-2005 06:08 PM
[TN] Old Burgs never die ... Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 8 06-04-2004 06:05 AM