FoodBanter.com

-   -   [tn] Old Burgs never die ... (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/79020-tn-old-burgs-never.html)

Nils Gustaf Lindgren 14-01-2006 10:20 AM

[tn] Old Burgs never die ...

Comte de Chartogne 1978 Bourgogne Blanc, Jaboulet Vercherre
[c] Dangerously close to amber
[n] A slight sheery note immediately after opening, which disappears. Then,
walnuts and honey
[p] Attack of sweetness which is all about maturity, Quite strong acidity.
More walnuts, old winter apples, good persistance. The wine does not die in
the glass; the last we drink a good two hours after opening and decanting
the wine.
Overall impression: This may be the last fling before the winter, in case
you have any bottles, I think you should drink them now ;) We have (auction)
two more bottles and they will not live to see the summer.
The acidity is to me suspicious - acidification?
Disclaimer: I disassociate myself completely from the political views of the
producer, while maintaining his inalienable rights to express same. Sorry
about that. I shouldn´t bring politics into the group but the francophones
present may know about the adherence of Jaboulet Vercherre.

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se