FoodBanter.com

-   -   Want to Become a Professional Wine Judge? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/78620-want-become-professional-wine.html)

bfson 09-01-2006 06:02 AM

Want to Become a Professional Wine Judge?

The Pacific Rim Intl. Wine Competition is looking for residents of San
Bernadino County, California, who want to be professional wine judges.
A local judge's qualifying exam will be held on Sat. Jan 28 at the
National Orange Show grounds in San Bernardino. Breaking into the group
of folks who judge major US wine competitions is very difficult. This
is one of the few major competitions to hold an open qualifying exam
(The exam centers on tasting and smelling ability not arcane book
knowlege.) If you are interested please contact me, Bob Foster, the
director of the competition, at

[email protected] 09-01-2006 03:46 PM

bfson wrote:
> The Pacific Rim Intl. Wine Competition is looking for residents of San
> Bernadino County, California, who want to be professional wine judges.
> A local judge's qualifying exam will be held on Sat. Jan 28 at the
> National Orange Show grounds in San Bernardino. Breaking into the group
> of folks who judge major US wine competitions is very difficult. This
> is one of the few major competitions to hold an open qualifying exam
> (The exam centers on tasting and smelling ability not arcane book
> knowlege.) If you are interested please contact me, Bob Foster, the
> director of the competition, at

No, thank you. Wine is to be DRUNK, not tasted.