Posted to alt.food.wine
Ian Hoare

Default Seasons' Greetings

Hi all,
A very quick note to wish you all a very successful and merry New
year. May your bottles age gracefully while unopened, may they be
uncorked uncorked and show well when they make their stage
appearances!

We celebrated the arriival of the New Year last night in a wonderful,
if unorthodox way with an excellent bottle of Taylor's 1963.
Perfection, drunk on its own.

Mind you, the steamed wild Sea Bass we had for dinner wasn't bad, and
neither was Tony's last bottle of the Guffens-Heyman (sp) 1986
Puilly-Fuissé.

Yum.

--
All the best
Ian Hoare
Posted to alt.food.wine
Richard Neidich

For dinner last night we had 16 people.

6 of them were children of my sister in law and aged from 2 to 17 years old.

We actually divided into two tables. 8 and 8. The adult table the youngest
was 22.

The kids had the same food in courses but we had wine and they had different
sparkling products...Martinellis Sparkling Apple Juice, Appletise etc.

We gave the french a break last night and consumerd with

--Caviar, smoked salmon, capers, chopped egg, toast points with Bollinger RD
1988.
--Seared Scallops over wilted arrugla and Watercress....with Moet and
Chandon NV Rose.
--Poire Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinegrette--Rochioli
Sauvignon Blanc 2004
--Antipasto vegetarian...assorted cheeses, marinated vegetables, bread crumb
roasted banana peppers, roasted red peppers, olive oil garlic., Servied with
Terrabianca Campaccio 1997
--Cheese Torttelini with truffle and cream sauce
--Vegetarian Spinach lasagna---Ken Wright Freedom Hill Pinot Noir 1998.
---Chocholate Fondue, strawberries, bannanas, pineapples...etc.---Etoile by
Chandon. 1998

Expresso, after dinner drinks.

Did I mention we did this cause my sister in law/husband are both
chiropractors and live a holistic and vegetarian life...we did this with no
red meat....and it was good.

Happy New Years to all.