Posted to alt.food.wine
Dick R.

Default Fires in Texas - are you OK Ed?

Hi Ed,
Hope everything is OK in your area.

Dick R. in snowy Minnesota
Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:40:27 -0600, "Dick R." > wrote:

>Hi Ed,
>Hope everything is OK in your area.
>
>Dick R. in snowy Minnesota

Saw the columns of smoke on Wednesday and Thursday. Nearest fire was
about 20 miles away in Walnut Bend, a very small rural community along
the Red River just above Lake Texoma. (One of four rural independent
school districts that my wife serves as Speech Pathologist). Several
mobile homes destroyed and one fatality. School apparently was saved.

There have been several small grass fires over the last few weeks as
the entire state is in a severe drought condition with less than half
the average annual rainfall this year. Last year it was double the
average.

New house with no grass or landscaping done yet means my danger is
low--besides, I can always pour wine on the fire.

Gonna be 70 today, so I can sympathize with the snowy...
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg

Re fires:
Its good you're safe, worst case scenario you can dump some 72 Lafite on
it--it was pretty rancid.

True fire story--circa 1970, at a shopping center with a boutique head
shop. that sold tie died undies, shirts, bell bottoms etc. It was called
"The Crotch" One day on Eye-Witless
News a reporter announced that "the XYZ Plaza was closed today when a bad
electrical connection emptied out, JC Penney's Department store. Before
firemen could put the fire out it had spread to the Crotch............. I
fell out for days.

Is your new book out? Don't worry I won't review it.
"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:40:27 -0600, "Dick R." > wrote:
>
> >Hi Ed,
> >Hope everything is OK in your area.
> >
> >Dick R. in snowy Minnesota

> Saw the columns of smoke on Wednesday and Thursday. Nearest fire was
> about 20 miles away in Walnut Bend, a very small rural community along
> the Red River just above Lake Texoma. (One of four rural independent
> school districts that my wife serves as Speech Pathologist). Several
> mobile homes destroyed and one fatality. School apparently was saved.
>
> There have been several small grass fires over the last few weeks as
> the entire state is in a severe drought condition with less than half
> the average annual rainfall this year. Last year it was double the
> average.
>
> New house with no grass or landscaping done yet means my danger is
> low--besides, I can always pour wine on the fire.
>
> Gonna be 70 today, so I can sympathize with the snowy...
> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> www.thunderchief.org
> www.thundertales.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:26:06 -0500, "Joe \"Beppe\"Rosenberg"
> wrote:

>Re fires:
>Its good you're safe, worst case scenario you can dump some 72 Lafite on
>it--it was pretty rancid.
>
>True fire story--circa 1970, at a shopping center with a boutique head
>shop. that sold tie died undies, shirts, bell bottoms etc. It was called
>"The Crotch" One day on Eye-Witless
>News a reporter announced that "the XYZ Plaza was closed today when a bad
>electrical connection emptied out, JC Penney's Department store. Before
>firemen could put the fire out it had spread to the Crotch............. I
>fell out for days.
>
>Is your new book out? Don't worry I won't review it.

"Palace Cobra" will be released by St. Martin's Press on April 6,
2006. Available for pre-release purchase on Amazon.com and other
book-seller sites. Please review if you wish--even bad publicity is
good if they spell your name right!