Posted to alt.food.wine
Richard Neidich

Default Quilceda Creek Cabernet 2000

Just received 2 bottles of above mentioned wine--Washington State.

Have never heard of this but it apparently has nice ratings.

Anyone here know that wine?

Posted to alt.food.wine
AyTee

Richard Neidich wrote:
> Just received 2 bottles of above mentioned wine--Washington State.
>
> Have never heard of this but it apparently has nice ratings.
>
> Anyone here know that wine?

I believe Quilceda and Leonetti were among the vanguard of the premium
wine boom that is still in progress in Washington. Their wines are well
respected, sought after and generally beyond my means -- therefore I
can't offer a personal evaluation. Perhaps others will be able to
advise regarding whether to save or drink.

Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine
Jim Lovejoy

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in
k.net:

> Just received 2 bottles of above mentioned wine--Washington State.
>
> Have never heard of this but it apparently has nice ratings.
>
> Anyone here know that wine?

According to their own drinkability chart, it's best drunk between 2006-
2020.

Also according to their web-site, most of the vinyards are in the Benton
City area (The Easternmost part of the Yakima Valley appellation, or
perhaps part of the Red Mountain appellation.) The winery itself is in
Snohomish (Wester Washington).

On the way to looking this up, I found a wine shop offering the 2001
Cabernet for $99, with the appology that the wine cost them a lot.

A very good reputation. The winemakers are related to Tchelistcheff (Uncle
of the original winemaker, and Grand Uncle to the current winemaker, if
I've kept it straight. BTW per a Seattle Times article,
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pac...620/taste.html
Tchelistcheff thought they were heavy handed on the oak, if that matters to
you.

They also appear to be perfectionists who want to make the best possible
wine every time.

Apologies for the disorganized state of my reply. If I tried to whip it
into some kind of logical order, it'd never get sent.