Posted to alt.food.wine
Barbara S Koe

Default EuroCave problem: standing water and label mold

Hi,
We have a EuroCave Vieillitheque purchased from Wine Enthusiast. We've
had it about a year. We were doing an annual cleaning and noticed a
couple of things. First, some of the bottles (stored low in the unit
on a mass storage shelf) were developing label mold. Second, the
integrated shelf at the bottom was accumulating water. The
accumulating water was not a matter of balancing the unit--the water
stayed even when we tilted the unit serverely forward.

So, here's hoping for some insights into this problem with EuroCave. A
scan of the web got a couple of hits on the label mold problem with the
EuroCave, but no real solution (one person drilled a hole in the
shelf--sounded risky to us).

TIA for any help.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday.

ciao

Posted to alt.food.wine
Richard Neidich

I have a couple of these units. Have had one for about 10 year the other
for 4 years and have not had same issue.

When water did collect it was due to lack of balance...used level and made
sure it was level.

I think these is a drain in the back buttom...make sure its not clogged.

Sorry for issue...suggest you call the wine enthusiast ASAP...they can be a
great resource.

dick

"Barbara S Koe" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
> We have a EuroCave Vieillitheque purchased from Wine Enthusiast. We've
> had it about a year. We were doing an annual cleaning and noticed a
> couple of things. First, some of the bottles (stored low in the unit
> on a mass storage shelf) were developing label mold. Second, the
> integrated shelf at the bottom was accumulating water. The
> accumulating water was not a matter of balancing the unit--the water
> stayed even when we tilted the unit serverely forward.
>
> So, here's hoping for some insights into this problem with EuroCave. A
> scan of the web got a couple of hits on the label mold problem with the
> EuroCave, but no real solution (one person drilled a hole in the
> shelf--sounded risky to us).
>
> TIA for any help.
>
> Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday.
>
> ciao

Posted to alt.food.wine
Barbara S Koe

Thanks, Richard, both for the condolences and the advice. We did check
the drain, but the water is never even getting there. Maybe I should
just drink everything this week? :-)
ciao

Posted to alt.food.wine
dick neidich

The unit is designed that the walls are made of aluminum and sweat when the
outside temp is differnet than inside.

That is based upon the little hole in rear of unit that holds the charcoal
filter.

You might want to make sure the doors is sealing correctly. If the hinge
screws loosen that might not have a good seal. Therefore that could cause
the issue that causes more sweat. Therefore water collects at base.

"Barbara S Koe" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks, Richard, both for the condolences and the advice. We did check
> the drain, but the water is never even getting there. Maybe I should
> just drink everything this week? :-)
> ciao

Hard water problem with Jars Madcat Preserving 14 10-09-2008 11:14 AM
China Mold Manufacturers B2B Directory - Mold Sources n41beyha[_2_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2008 05:01 AM
Sour Cream turning to Water PROBLEM Please help [email protected] General Cooking 13 11-10-2004 02:24 AM
Dom box in Eurocave? Ken K. Wine 4 28-12-2003 07:55 PM
Eurocave shelves Howard Appel Wine 1 07-12-2003 03:05 AM