Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg

Default Holiday Greeting

My AFW/cyber friends:

Somehow I find my self not able to send out the usual UNICEF cards to people
outside Baltimore. My doctors and I are still trying to adjust my meds so I
have some energy to more than plink away on this machine.

Somehow, I think the world is also drained and we are being tested with a
series of natural disasters. At no time in my memory, have we been so at
odds with our fellow citizens and most of the alliance built to defeat
Hitler and Tojo. To many in public and religious life its "My way or the
highway." We have an excellent Constitution and Bill of Rights but we are
told is too cumbersome to protect us Never before have civil liberties been
so threatened and never before have we practiced political correctness to
exclusion of common sense. I could go on, but the pain and division is real.

Returning the world to some measure of sanity, is our fondest hope even
though the jihadists threaten us every day. We need to follow the bible and
story of Jesus & Judah Macabee. We need to turn weapons into plowshares.
We need to ask forgiveness for our anger and despair. We can not do no less
than Pray for Peace. May you and yours be safe and sound this holiday
season.

And now something from the tummlers:

http://joecarr.ca/xmas/graphics/icqxmas.swf

holiday greeting and some food pron blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 4 29-11-2008 05:14 PM
Free Greeting cards! ami General Cooking 0 02-04-2007 05:59 PM
greeting from italy 9grammi Vegan 7 26-06-2005 04:21 PM
Greeting from Africa Ripon Tea 0 21-02-2005 11:07 PM
New Years Greeting Bob Gottlieb General Cooking 1 01-01-2004 11:23 PM